After yesterday's lesson in manners, Rio was back to his sweet self today. He was very nice on his leading, and trotted without any protest, so we moved on to his third ride today.
It went really well, I held the end of the get-down rope while Shayla did all the steering , starting and stopping. I tried to stay out of the picture as much as possible so that Rio wasn't using me for his cues.He did tend to want to come to me at rest time though.
I couldn't get far enough away to get all of them in the picture, but I think Shayla's smile says it all. They had some really nice walk/trot transitions, although Rio is a little stickier going clockwise, he did get some nice transitions that way too. His stop is improving, and he has a nice back up.
I think yesterday's tune up sunk in, because Rio was well behaved all day; I trimmed his front feet after the ride, all in all we had him out over 3 hours; the riding time was only about 20 minutes.
This photo makes me laugh; Happy rider yes- but doesn't Rio look smug? He knows he did well today!
7 comments:
Great ride today!!! I guess I should fix my helmet :)!
Thanks for letting me watch your trimming Shirley!
Looking good. I must say, I like that you aren't using a snaffle bit. I always have ridden with anything but a bit. I always felt like it was a fight with the horse when I used a bit. Nice looking team you have there. :)
Sweet couple! He is a bit smug isn't he?
Nice photos - he's really looking good!
It looks like you guys are having so much fun!
Good stuff! Well done both!
Yup I is a Star!
Post a Comment