Sunday, June 28, 2015

Adjusted

Had  Dustin Hewitt come out and adjust Clancy today. She did need a lot of work, seemed like she was sore everywhere. Poll, wither, several ribs, hips, etc. I will give her another day off to get used to it, and hope to ride tomorrow evening. Still stupid hot here, and the horses are sweating just standing in the shade. Poor things.
In this photo, you can see the sweat
She is chowing down on her Hoffmans Minerals after being adjusted. One of the things I notice is that the low dip behind her withers is gone- here is a before pic from a few days ago:
You can see that her back slopes down to the wither and in the first pic it is more level. So I'm hoping she will be a lot happier about being saddled and will be more willing to stand still for mounting. He worked a lot on a spot about 6 inches below the end of the wither and she let him know it was sore. At the end of the treatment, she looked like she was going to fall asleep.
And then she went and rolled.....which is why all the dust is on her sweaty self in the first photo.
Now to trim those feet.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll keep asking the Heavenly Father for cooler weather. I love you!!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh that heat is so hard on humans and non humans I do hope it cools down for all of you. It is cool 13c here and rains almost everyday. No hay has been cut and with the fields full of water we are not sure if it will. Too bad we could not reach a happy medium. Hug B

Crystal said...

I got to get my horses done again too, its just such a hassle living in the middle of nowhere trying to find someone...and since there's no barn I feel bad asking them to come when its crazy hot like this.

Nikker said...

Wow! I can see the dip you're talking about! That's amazing. Never would have thought it would change a physical feature.
I need to find myself someone here to work on my girls. Although I don't think anyone's sore... I really don't know either.
Another little lesson from your page! (0: