Breeding season is off to a good start today. Coyote Belle was sure worried about where her baby was, so we tied Sparkle to the other side of the post from Belle, nose to nose. When I brought Beamer in he was ready, but Belle was raising such a ruckus that he quickly lost interest; he wasn't getting anywhere near those flying feet! (you should have seen him pout!) We had to use the twitch on Belle, and while it was taking effect, I took Beamer over to tease another mare and restore his libido, and then everything went quite smoothly. My B boy is getting to be quite easy to handle for breeding; last year he had to be corrected a couple of times, but this year he is really listening to me.
The mare that we have in for breeding, Honey, is just coming in to heat, so the boy gets to cover twice tomorrow; Belle in the morning and Honey in the evening. 

No problem!
3 comments:
He gets to cover twice tomorrow! I'm sure he sees nothing wrong with that! He he he! Such a handsome man!
You should be very proud of him and I say pat yourself on the back! You have done a great job with him as a stallion. I see so many people who shouldn't own a horse, much less a stud! They are alot of responbility, great job!
Whata stud..:-)
I have noticed mommas with a foal at side can be a little difficult , esp Maiden mares .
Post a Comment