I visited my mom in hospital, she is improving and is on the waiting list for placement in an extended care facility. I got to see my little nieces, and made them dandelion crowns (or necklaces, as the case may be!);
On Sunday we went to the local arena to watch some team roping. Check out these pictures; they start 'em young around there!
This kid was heading and heeling with his Shetland pony;
This youngster worked at getting the steer caught and didn't give up til he got the job done;
Yep; there were little ropin' cowkids an little ropin' ponies all over the place, and danged if they weren't doing a pretty good job, too!
This li'l gal was just lopin' around on that ole pony, having a grand time. She stayed out of the way of the ropers like these big boys:
Heeler missed his loop!With two arenas there, I reckon I'm going to get lots of riding in! I found out there are some cutting horse folks there too, so I might be able to take some lessons on Beamer.
Today is Ted's birthday, and as I drove away this morning, he looked quite forlorn, waving goodbye in the driveway. I'll be back soon, honey, and next time it'll be because I'm moving, not visiting!

11 comments:
Oh my goodness! We loved those roping ponies!! I just love to see that and dang, that one. The steer and the shetland are the same size! Love it!
Happy Birthday Ted!!
I just love the kids on the ponies! That is so great! Gotta start somewhere, right?
what a wonderful post. I read all posts on this page and I'll come back and see whats up with you.
peace n abundance
CheyAnne
http://newmexicomtngirl.com
Great pictures! Tell Ted Happy Birthday from Tara! Who's arena were you at? There is also a decent indoor arena in Creston, not sliding ground but better then riding in the wet snow of the Creston Valley! Doug and Debbie Kepke have a really nice big arean too, not sure if they are roping in it or not this year, but I do believe they rent it out. Bruce (my hubby) and another friend built the grade in it.
Canyon park also has a decent arena, never used to have to pay to use it but not sure now, they were going to do a bunch of up-grades and a reining rider out there was getting grants to put in a reining arena at the Canyon park as well so that would be AWESOME for you!
LOTS of roping in Creston. Beamer might find himself tied to the arse end of a steer one day!
Tara
What cuties! Love it!
Happy Birthday Ted!
Oh my, how totally adorable are those little cowpunchers!
So...where in BC will you be headed? Anywhere close enough for a visit from northWET Washington?
Tara: that was the Canyon Park arena. I'll get your ph. # off your website and give you a call, as I have lots of questions for you.
Tracey: We will be living in Creston, which is across the line from Bonner's Ferry, Idaho. We'll be two and a half hours from Spokane. I'd love to visit with you, and with Barb at W.O.W. Could be a great summer!
Happy Birthday Ted!!
Such a beautiful area you are moving to, best of luck to you both! I am so glad I got a chance to meet you ,through the blog and in person before you moved ! This will be a great way to keep in touch.
Sure call anytime! 306-728-2755 I will be at a cutting clinic starting tomorrow and going until sunday but I am driving home every night so will be home in the evenings. Gots lots of critters that need supper and Bruce is back to work. But feel free to call any evening this week!
Tara
Now that's what comes from starting them young. cool pics.Jody Savage was at one of those arenas on Sunday, Kenda her five year old daughter just got a new horse and they were going Barrel Racing.
happy birthday to the best brother in law on the earth! God bless you!
Post a Comment