Here are some of the faces I see at work. I think I prefer them to some of the faces I've seen at other jobs I've had!

This big boy had just come from being semen tested at the vets and he wasn't very happy..... (probably because the vet said that he wouldn't be visiting the cows anymore!)
I kinda laughed when I saw his ear tag; it says 60D but looks like it says God, which I'm sure he thought he was!
and I was real glad of the stout bars of the fence between us! Cattle prices are staying up a bit, but I think a lot of the older ranchers are getting out of the business- too much paper work and computer work these days for some of the old boys.
I was taking some photos for Sunday Stills Challenge; I've decided to do lines and animal husbandry. How about you?
10 comments:
I agree, love the faces you see at work! That's one big bull! Too bad he's going to have to find another career!
I have been known to write some choice names on ear tags over the years ( usually not -repeatable) but that is a good one especially since that dude looks like he is pretty proud of himself.eh 6_G sort of the same -ish
Beautiful weather to be working outside !
I simply cannot get over how big them boys are! Wow! Chunky!!
We just don't see that much here. Although I did meet a bull out here that was as big as my truck. When he stuck his head in my window and it filled the whole window, I was a little worried about it, lol. BIG bulls! Love em!
Love the pics, you gotta love your job :)
Shirley, this blog is so nice! I haven't been blogging around much the last few months; just started again. You have some great pictures here! Love the one of Tess in your last post.
It's so true about the amount of cattlemen getting out of the business. We're finding there is so much paperwork that it almost has created a job for another person.
Love the ear tag! Although I haven't been to any kind of working ranch, or feedlot for that matter, I can understand how the new technology could be pain in the rear for some of the older guys. Some of the classes I took for my animal science degree over the past few years have been brutal because of all of the computer work...
ARGH! Paperwork sucks! I have to deal with it all day, logbooks, bills of lading ect... Great shot of the old fellow, I have not decided yet which two for Sunday stills, I'm just shooting in B&W and I'll decide on Saturday
Poor old guy..that must be what my old man feels like now, too. Don't all men feel Godly at their PRIME...love that eartag.
Nice looking bull, too bad he doesn't have the right stuff! LOL! UHM I used to help semen test bulls and they generally don't like it! But I don't think I really blame them at all!
A lot of ... bulls I know think they are gods... LOL
I'm new here, beautiful place!
Post a Comment