Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Stills-Black and White

This week we were to take our subject from previous Challenges and shoot or edit in black and white. the subjects I chose were Religion (It's Sunday, after all!).....
This is in the graveyard where many of my family are. And lines........

This is the receiving alley at the Auction Market here I work. And animals of husbandry......

Some of the feeder cattle on sale day. And water; this is the ferry coming in to dock on the Kootenay Lake.


To honour Mother's Day, I dug into my archives from 1975, and found this photo of my mom and little sister Michele, taken at a backyard softball game. I love it because my mom was having such a good time, in contrast to my sister, who wasn't. This shot actually was taken in black and white back in the day. Happy Mother's Day to all moms reading this!

22 comments:

The Wife said...

Awesome job! Love them all.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great photos ! Happy Mothers day to You!

Anonymous said...

Great shots! the one posted to honour mothers day is just too good! :D Great Work!

kdwhorses said...

Great shots! Love them!

Regular Guy said...

Very nice shots. Like the cemetery and the fenceline. That last photo is classic.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Loved the one of your mom. :):)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Very nice and I love the last pictures. What a treasure!

Ed said...

Very nice indeed, happy moms day to you and Belle..;-)

Andrea said...

Excellent shots!! There is so much character in black & whites. :)

WhimsybyMari said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, great shots love the one of your Mom and sister.

flowerweaver said...

That's a neat cemetery pic...is she standing on water or flames? Thanks for sharing the last one, it is very classic!

Shirley said...

Flowerweaver, that's water she's standing on. Guess it qualifies under the theme of water too!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

This is a good mix of pics. Good job.

VioletSky said...

Cemetaries make for great B&W photos. Great that you still have that old snapshot - it would never have survived in our family!!

Michele said...

i was being a little brat. i admit it. :D that photo is funny. i posted it on my blog. i can't believe you hung on to it all these years:D *blush*

Anonymous said...

Great job.

Anonymous said...

I love the fenceline with the shadows the best.

paramedicgirl said...

Shirley, I can't believe believe we didn't let Michele go to bat! We were so bad!. Must have been a sibling thing...

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

all are great...but I have to say the last is my favorite..it really tells a story! Really great photo and the moment in time that it captured!

Kelly said...

Great photos...I also love the reflection in the water!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wonderful black and white series. However that last one from years ago is a real keeper:)

Flo said...

Great pictures but that first one is my favorite.