Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gussie's filly

I had a really fun day today, I went to Sundre and visited Gussie and her filly- oh, and their humans too; who had a nice lunch ready for me and Wendy. They laughed at us as we spent most of lunch gawking out the window at the filly, and were like a couple of kids who couldn't wait to leave to table to go play.

Gussie and Beamer did a wonderful job on this little girl, don't you think? She is 8 days old now.

Gussie's owner told me that she was watching the filly play the other day and she was doing flying lead changes every stride. Not only cute, but athletic too!

Whaddya think? This is Peppy, her full brother, at three weeks old. A little more white, but they sure are stamped out of the same mold! And yes, that is what a blue roan looks like before they shed out their baby hair.

9 comments:

kdwhorses said...

Oh my~she's beautiful!

Man you aren't lying about the same mold, I sure can see Beamer in both foals!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Pretty girl , Beamer does stamp his kids doesn't he , she has such a feminine face too!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

There's no denying she's a beauty.

Paint Girl said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I love her! Can't wait to see her shedded out!

Leah Fry said...

What a sweet little head.

Visiting via Dusty Devoe. Nice to meet you.

Faithful said...

Beautiful babies..they are sooo cute. Nice!

Ed said...

Too cute for words..:-)

paramedicgirl said...

So are you buying her back? Or are they keeping her?

Shirley said...

PG, I bought her back. I'll pick her up at the end of August, weaning time, and her and Sparkle can be buddies. I hope to get to visit her a few times this summer, to work on a few things I like to teach as babies.