The snow brought the birds to my feeders, mostly red-wing blackbirds both male and female, but also this lovely little fellow; I believe he's a purple finch.
They were glad to get the sunflower seeds I put out, and even cleaned up the seeds that have fallen on the ground. My mayday tree is just about to flower, hope this isn't too much of a setback for it!
Great bird pics .I think the birds around here have officially given up on me ,always forget to fill the feeders . Maybe in the bird world my place is known as the "diet pen"
Too funny, Sherry! The feeder that the finch is at is right outside my kitchen window so I can sit at the table and watch them. Now I couldn't fill my belly and not theirs, could I?
I believe you are right, that is a purple finch. Beautiful picture! Bird watching is a secret love of mine!! I had a bird feeder last year for the gold finches and the other colorful feathered creatures around here, but realised I was just baiting them for the cats so I stopped feeding them.. I am scratching my head this year trying to figure out how I could feed them and keep them safe from the cats. We have one very tallented bird catching cat that is my main problem.
I can't believe people are still getting snow! Brrr! Love the bird! We keep our bird feeders full, or try too, the squirruls and chipmunks are always getting into them!
9 comments:
I can't believe you have snow again. It's almost June!!! I had to race right over to see this. Unreal!!
wow, those are really nice bird photos!
Great bird pics .I think the birds around here have officially given up on me ,always forget to fill the feeders . Maybe in the bird world my place is known as the "diet pen"
Too funny, Sherry! The feeder that the finch is at is right outside my kitchen window so I can sit at the table and watch them. Now I couldn't fill my belly and not theirs, could I?
I believe you are right, that is a purple finch. Beautiful picture! Bird watching is a secret love of mine!! I had a bird feeder last year for the gold finches and the other colorful feathered creatures around here, but realised I was just baiting them for the cats so I stopped feeding them.. I am scratching my head this year trying to figure out how I could feed them and keep them safe from the cats. We have one very tallented bird catching cat that is my main problem.
Tara
I can't believe people are still getting snow! Brrr!
Love the bird! We keep our bird feeders full, or try too, the squirruls and chipmunks are always getting into them!
AHHH Spring in Canada, ya just can't get a break can ya? Great Purple finch pic..:-)
p.s. enjoy it, I'd love to have snow, I hate summer.
Good thing you are moving to Creston! The weather there is a lot better.
and hotter in summer. i'd rather live on the coat where its pretty much mild all year. :D
Post a Comment