Monday, September 28, 2009

Bringing Reba home

I went and picked up Reba yesterday; unfortunately she couldn't convince either of the boys to make puppies with her, and it sure wasn't for lack of trying on her part. Oh, well, maybe in the spring. It was a beautiful day for a drive, and I got to visit Janice, and came home with some plants for my perennial garden- coral bells, lavender, rosemary, and a maple flower. The scenery there is just beautiful, check it out:
We had a frost here last night, and when I went out to feed this morning Beamer was feeling frisky; he put on quite a show for me, bucking, rearing and kicking and generally just showing off. He does this bucking-on-the-spot that is funny, kicks out both hind legs like the Lippizanners are trained to do. Hmmm, maybe he could get a job with them!
The apple in my last post is now a distant memory, it was really delicious; I was hungry when I got home and plucked it off the tree. I think it was a Jonagold.

4 comments:

Michele said...

he's probably frisky as the weather cooled off:)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

My old fella used to do that on frosty mornings , I would say "hey Chips , you gonna dance?" he wol;ud rear and paw snake his head and buck the take off running and do it all again!

Tom in Vegas said...

Canada sure is beutiful. It reminds me of some of the places that I'd like to live in someday.

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts:0)

lisa said...

Looks beautiful! I love it when they feel frisky, they are so cool to watch!