Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday stills

The subject of today's challenge was transportation; if it runs on fuel and can haul two or more people, it qualifies. I hoped for something unusual, and found it at the Seven Eleven one day.
Check out this ride; it is a Ural motorcycle, with sidecar.

The two back wheels actually drive;there is a PTO driven shaft which supplies power to the wheel under the sidecar.



I apologize for the poor photos, but I only had a few minutes to take the pictures, and the 7-11 parking lot really wasn't a very good backdrop.

11 comments:

Michele said...

frank likes motorcycles with a sidecar:D only he wouldn't drive it, he said he'd rather sit in the sidecar:D hee hee:)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Nice subject! I think I'd like to ride in the sidecar too.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Thought you and Ted had traded the truck for that at first! Cool bike!

Anonymous said...

that's really cool :D

colleen said...

Love the bike!

Ed said...

I agree with Chloe, that is too COOL!!! I believe it is a military cycle that was formrt Russian military..:-)

Anonymous said...

Really neat. Interesting paint job. :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Neat! Great capture, too.

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow! Way too cool :D Great selection of subject :D

Holly said...

nice job

gtyyup said...

Great find Shirley!!! 7-11 parking lot or not...cool!