Saturday, September 19, 2009

Local critters

The neighbour just bought a Mercedes, but I've got a Beamer.....and my ride is a lot quieter than his car, which needs a muffler! Went for another putt around the pasture today, and found an elk carcass with some turkey vultures hanging around.
They sure aren't the prettiest bird, but they have a job to do.
We loped on down to the other end where the cattle are; I call them Beamer's fan club, because every time we ride by them, they come a trottin' and a mooin' up to the fence to visit him.

Beamer, of course, loves any kind of adulation, even if it is from lowly bovines.

Well, off to work for me. See you all for Sunday Stills!

7 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

He is a lovely horse ! I can see why a fan club could happen!

Mikey said...

That horse is so dang pretty. YYuuumm!! I just want to eat him up!
(not literally, mind you)

Janice said...

Great post.Enjoyed the dialogue.

dickiebo said...

Great post. Thanks.

Michele said...

im telling you sis, i'd rather have a horse than a car! alas, you can't ride one in the city..

thecrazysheeplady said...

Wow, he's gorgeous! Love the last shot.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Beamer is so gorgeous. Do you ever get tired of looking at him? I bet not! hehe!

~Lisa