This has been a crazy busy week for me. First, my husband inadvertently downloaded a virus, so the computer had to go to the repair shop- hence no posts all week! I spent a couple of days making jam- plum, and peach, before work. I work every day from 2 PM to 8 PM, and try to squeeze in time to ride Beamer and play with the baby girls. Since it's dark when I get home, I don't get much done then.
Reba is in heat and since I have orders for 5 puppies, I took her today to Kimberley to be bred back to Tess's daddy- or maybe her granddaddy. I stopped at Janice and Dave's (Own a Morgan) but they weren't home. Of course I didn't have my cell phone with me so I couldn't let them know I was on my way, but I stopped and snapped this photo of some of the lovely baskets Janice makes, which are decorating her porch.
When I got to the place where the male dogs live, we checked out Rob, who is Tess's grandpa- sire of Quill, Tess's daddy.
He is a champion trials dog, but he is 12 years old now, and while he was quite interested, he didn't stay focused on breeding. Maybe he is shy and didn't like all the attention! So we tried Quill, Reba wasn't quite as cooperative with him, so I'm leaving her there for a couple of days. They will try Rob a few more times, and if that doesn't work, I'm sure Quill will get 'er done! Here is a photo of Quill with Tess.
She inherited his lanky legs and smooth coat.
There was another interested observer; this ram made me laugh when he stuck his gead through the boards to get a look at me; hoping for some feed or a scratch!
So, I'll be back Saturday or Sunday to pick up Reba, and meanwhile, I have a lot of blog catching up to do- and photos to take for Sunday Stills!
4 comments:
Glad to have you back and the baskets are beautiful! Wish I had that kind of porch to hang them from. Reba is going on a date, who will it be?:)
well, iam sure her puppies will look really cute:D is that a wild ram?
Beautiful flower baskets! Reba is a cutie!
please save me one jar of the jam:D i'll be coming down to get it:D after all there is nothing nicer than spending Christmas with your sister:D
Post a Comment