Yes, it's true, Belle has been sold, to a home just down the road from us. She is now part of a large broodmare band, and the best part is that I still get to see her and to see her baby next spring. You can be sure I'll get pictures! Her new owners are very happy with her, and they took a good look at Sparkle to see what kind of babies Belle raises, and were happy with what they saw. ( The woman who bought her had a good visit with Beamer too, he even got a kiss on the nose!) It's nice when other breeders appreciate your breeding program. I think the main reason that I sold her is that the place we are living has no pasture, and I don't like to keep broodmares cooped up. It's not healthy for them or their babies.
7 comments:
Sounds like a perfect solution for you . I imagine it was not the easiest decision for you, but best for her. Great that she will be so close by.
I know how you feel, I have a very soft spot for the horses that everyone seems to try to pawn off on me for free!! I finally had to put my foot down and say, that nothing is for free in the end and gave one back to its owner and the other one I will keep being it has cost me over 4 grand to have him trained to the point that I can finish him, because I am no trainer and I am not in any shape to become one! I love my horses and now that I am down to only two it is a relief! I only have so much time in a day! You are lucky to be able to Belle! Good for you!
It's good that she went to a good home nearby. You'll still get to see her and her baby next spring.
she's a pretty girl!
She's beautiful. It's great that you could find a good home for her, especially with this terrible economy for horse sales. People are practically giving horses away now so they won't have to feed them this winter.
~Lisa
I'm so glad she's got a really good home and you'll get to see her and her babies. It's tough to sell the one's you love, but you know what's best and his sounds like a great opportunity.
I have a question...how can you breed horses and have no pastures? Are the cows yours??? Just curious, as they have lots of pasture. Your horses are very beautiful...especially the stallion.
Post a Comment