Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Stills- the rule of thirds


Ok, this was a challenge after my own artistic li'l heart! Really enjoyed this one, and it really got me out shooting different subjects.
The right third; Velvet, hiding out from the flies. (You knew I'd start with a horse photo, right?)

The neighbour's canola field in full bloom, from earlier this summer.

The left third; Tess's full brother, Luke. (You knew I'd have a border collie photo, right?)


An old windowless house, and, below, a close up of the same photo.


Love the view! And, last of all a shot of Creston, and the Skimmerhorn mountains brooding in the distance.

20 comments:

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Wow, nice shots! Beautiful.

Michele said...

really nice stills shirley. you really should enter your photos into the fall fair in creston. your very good at capturing the moment.wonderful photos!

The Wife said...

Very nice. I especially like the first one and the close up of the barn.

Jen Mo said...

All are very nicely done! And that last one is very very peaceful looking! Great job!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Those are so nice .Looks like a tough challenge but you nailed it

Pony Girl said...

Beautiful colors! And you have such nice subjects and scenery to shoot! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Just lovely! I can't pick a favorite photo. I like them ALL! You did good!

~Lisa

Nivin Kadar said...

Well! Its hard to pick a favorite. The windowless house closeup is really something special! You got a great eye for amazing subjects :D
Beautifully done :D
~WildBlack

Lori Skoog said...

Love them all...you met the challenge very well. Of course I'm loving that first shot!

Lori Skoog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ed said...

Very nice selections, the first is deffinatly my fave..:-)

Regular Guy said...

Nice shots all the way around. Hard to pick a favorite. The field and the house are really good, so is the horse. http://morephotosplease.wordpress.com/2009/09/05/sunday-stills-rule-of-thirds/

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I love he yellow flied of Canola.

Is canola oil from the Canola plant? Years ago, there was a email saying tht Canola oil stood for Canada oil, and it didn't give canola oil a very good reputation. So gullible me, I stopped using canola oil.

Anonymous said...

wow they're all amazing photographs, i can't pick a favourite this week
well done :)

Shirley said...

Ann, here is a link to Wikepedia, explaining canola. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canola
Thanks, everyone, for your great comments.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I love them all but the canola field is my favorite. Very nice shots!

Anonymous said...

Nice job, I especially like the old cabin.

restoration42 said...

My kind of photos - dogs, horses, trucks, and mountains. All absolutely lovely and WHAT find examples of the rule of 1/3s.

CTG Ponies said...

Great photos! Really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed you last weekend! Great shots, all of them. :)