Thursday, November 26, 2009

Great country and good folks

My friends over at Anchor D Outfitting have put together a promo video that is just great. I have ridden some of these trails and camped at some of these places, and I tell you, their hospitality is second to none. It is a long video, but worth watching. Great place to plan a vacation for next year! They supply pretty much everything. There is a link to them on my sidebar. This is filmed in the Rockies west of Calgary, some of it at their ranch, and most of it along the Great Divide, that is the ride Ted and I took for our honeymoon.

7 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Makes me long for the years I used to go ride in "the hils" beautiful country! gret video. These guys look like real pros

Ed said...

OMG!!! I have to do this!!!! Where can I get more info and do they provide the horses and do they take tenderfeet???
I now have a new mission in life and think of the photo opprotunities..:-))

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Thanks for sharing the video. I am always awed when I see the various landscapes within Canada and hope to go there someday. I also hope to participate in a dude ranch ride or a long trail ride for a vacation some year. I may as well combine the two.

Janice said...

Well Shirley there you have it. I think we should round up a bunch of fellow bloggers and get something going out there. I would love to haul my own horses out there, what gorgeous country so close by and I haven't seen it.
Excellent promo video.

Shirley said...

OK everyone, I fixed the link on my sidebar; it's under Other Horse Sites and it is Anchor D Outfitters. Ed and NuzMuz, I was thinking of you two when I posted this, as I figured that you would absolutely love vacationing there.
Ed, they take the tenderest of feet- many folks have their first ride with them. They supply the horses, and they are safe and dependable.
Nuz Muz, if you go, you won't want to leave. It is so much fun!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! This is the stuff dreams are made of! Such breathtaking vistas! Those horses look so experienced and calm. wow. just wow!
I soooooo want to do this. Problem is, I do this once, and I'll be addicted and have to do it every year! lol!
I think my husband would love something like this. He's a green green rider and this sounds like something he could do, thanks to those amazing horses and the wonderful folks that plan and organize these trips.

Thanks for sharing this. Do you have contact info to pass along, too? Where do we sign up?! :D

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

ooop! I didn't read all your comments. I'm going to check out your links now.

Thanks!
~Lisa