Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Knots, rain, cats 'n things.


A while ago Gttyup posted a link in her blog comments on how to tie a buckaroo style knot with your wildrag; thanks, Karen! I love the diamond shape of it. I wear it lots now that the days are cooler. We've been getting a lot of rain here, so instead of riding I am turning Beamer out- he does a lot more galloping that way than he would if I was riding, as I would be busy worrying about the footing. He sure doesn't though; he rips around that field, showing off and doing sliding stops, snappy rollbacks, and generally strutting his stuff.
Foose got lost yesterday, we finally found him an an abandoned mobile home that had a rotten roof. We think he fell in and couldn't get back out. I finally heard him meowing, and we rescued him.
Ted did a great job installing the wood stove, now we need to go cut firewood! We only have about half a cord so far. Good thing we are close to the forest!

6 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I like that knot ,i will have to check it out. Funny how we worry about the footing ,but our horses are like mountain goats

Cindy said...

It must be fun to watch him.
cindy

Janice said...

Your knot is way nicer looking than the one in the link. I couldn't hardly even see it.

NoGoodGuitarPicker said...

So glad you like the tutorial, Shirley! It was a bit of a challenge to get all those steps in there, but it looks like you got it just right! That's a good looking knot!

Janice -- try clicking on the images to get a much larger image. By trying to use contrasting colours to make the process clearer, it made the final product a bit less visually appealing. The intent of the post was to show the steps more than the knot itself.

Anonymous said...

I love the "bowline" square and use it all the time.

gtyyup said...

The knot really looks great Shirley! I've still yet to try tying it.

How wonderful of your husband to make you the cross. It will be such a nice reminder of your mother and the history of your family.

Your Sunday Stills shots are great! I've been so busy (and we were gone that weekend) I didn't even get anything done for my favorite subject.

I love that video of Beamer showing off his stuff! He is such a good lookin' boy. You don't have a comin' 2 year old gelding by him by chance ;~)

Glad you're keeping warm with the new wood stove...the wood stove in our house was the first improvement we made when we moved here and it was worth every penny!