Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Dance!

Happy because we had a blast team sorting today! First of all, Beamer behaved himself, which is always a concern when you are riding a stallion in a mixed group. He did a little bit of quiet talking, which earned him work, so he didn't do too much of that. Secondly, the boy's got cow! He had never worked cattle before, and these were corriente roping steers; he caught on really quickly and we even had some fancy moves getting the right steer in the right place. He loved pushing the cattle back into the pen after our runs; those ears just disappeared on his neck , and he was heads down lets go! Between runs, he stood quietly on the sidelines, behaving himself and looking pretty- so much so that we got a booking for breeding next spring. I'm always happy when he gets compliments, and he got plenty today. I think Beamer has found his niche.
And to top it off, and make the day perfect- our team won the jackpot! Woo-hoo! We won a whole $4!
Did I mention that I love this horse????

13 comments:

Janice said...

Well how cool is that. I knew he would do well. Very good for the booking, you will probably get more, not even because he has cow but because he is the best behaved Equine I have ever seen Stallion or no Stallion......(with the exception of my old horse that is)People are just simply going to fall in love with his wonderful disposition. I can't wait to get Mattie in shape,wouldn't those two look great together.

Shirley said...

Yup; have you found out when sorting starts at Jodie's? How is Jade doing? You might have 2 sorting horses next year!

Tracey said...

Woo Hoo! Gotta love a boy with cow!

Janice said...

I talked to Jodie today. She missed a few days but she has been doing a lot of ground work and leaving her tied where she can watch the ropingetc. I don't have her dates yet for sorting.

Mrs. Mom said...

GO BEAMER! GO BEAMER!

Looking forward to hearing alot more adventures in the pen!

Mikey said...

Awesome!!! I think this will be great for both of you. It's a lot of fun! I'm so glad he took right to it. Get him out there, you'll get more bookings!!

Anonymous said...

wish we could have been there. what a fun time!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Way to go Beamer and Shirley ! knew he had the moves , he just needed a place to show 'em.
$4.00 cha ching!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Congrats!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That's the way to go, Beamer....be good, and you get to have fun, too. hehe!
I'm glad it went so well. You should be proud of him, and you. You've worked so hard getting him to be the great horse that he is.


~Lisa

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

what a fun time that had to be, and a booking on top of it!

He is pretty awesome, and if you were nearby I sure would be tempted to breed that little cutting bred palomino of mine to him!!!

Anonymous said...

I love riding a cowy horse that'll pin his ears!!

cdncowgirl said...

lmao You won $4 sorting on Saturday and I won $4 penning on Sunday!