Dawn broke clear and cold today, and it stayed cold most of the day. Still too icy to ride, but I did manage to sneak a ride in yesterday, the ice had softened up a little so could get Beamer out of his pen. We just rode on the lawn where the snow is only about 3 inches deep. and worked on frame, gait changes using only body language, and using very subtle cues to get changes in direction. Beamer seemed very happy to get out, even if it did mean he had to work, just a little!
I'm still looking for a way to get Gussie home,as soon as possible. I'm pretty excited to be getting her back, it will be nice having a good broke mare to ride- I can take her on trail rides and I can rope off her if I want. Might have to join the team roping club. Some of us here are trying to get a working cowhorse/cutting club going here, and that's what I'd really like to do with her.
Remember Beamer's brand? It was really obvious at first. There are some folks who think hot brands are ugly scars, but check this out:
Can you see it?
How about now? You can just see it beside the muscle line near the bottom of the picture on the right. I like hot brands like this, because they are subtle.
Edited to add: the arrow points to the lazy H ; the diamond above it is really hard to see. I wouldn't want to be a brand inspector.
9 comments:
Glad you got in a little ride after all.I still can hardly see the brand even on a close up!
Hope you get Gussie home soon.I will keep looking .Maybe I will post on FB as well
I can't see it. I'm not getting any riding in, between sick and cold, I'm tired of being sick and cold.
I'm blind because I can't see it either. :)
It's coooold here tonight too! I wish the boys could come and sleep in the house.
It got cold again here also. I just put more wood in the stove so it'll stay warm overnight.
Nice shots, I could'nt see it till you pointed it out..:-)
Nope, I still can't see it. Old/blind?
I love the NON-subtle freezebrand on my mare: her registration number is marked on her neck under her mane. If I want to hide it, I can put her mane over the top, if I want to flaunt it (often!) I move her mane to the other side.
Most of out horses had brands when we bought them and some of them are like yours and some are just plain ugly. The ugly ones make me mad.
I couldn't see it until you pointed it out lol
I don't mind hot brands if they're well done and clear... those ugly, messy ones that look like crap just suck (and there are some freeze branded ones that are just as bad)
BTW I think it matters what the 'design' of the brand is as well as placement. Some are just as unattractive as a jailhouse tattoo. I remember a sweet faced gelding that had a heart brand on his cheek, a heart that looked like a 3 year old had scribbled it on in chalk. Yuck :(
I can hardly see the brand even after you pointed it out! With whichever brand we end up with (we have to send multiple choices) the cows will be a hot brand and the horses will be a freeze brand.
Post a Comment