Saturday, January 22, 2011

On a roll

I turned the mares out in their pasture for a romp while I cleaned their pen today. First thing they did was rip around at full speed! Even Belle hiked up her pregnant belly and let 'er rip- and man can she move! I didn't get a good video of her galloping but Janice, if your filly can run anything like her mama, you just might have a barrel horse on your hands; don't forget Belle's grandsire through Sundee was a racehorse. I got lots of footage of Velvet, I've had a few inquiries on her and wanted to get some of her moving out- you'll have to wait a couple of days for me to put the videos together before I post them. All three of them had to drop and roll, and check out how dirty the snow is - they had snow baths!
Velvet
Belle with Chickory in the background
They had a lot of fun stretching their legs after being in their slippery pen for the last month.
I was watching Chickory move, and I think she is going to be one smooth ride. Can't wait till the snow goes so I can get back to working with her.
After Velvet finally quit running around with her head and tail up, she dropped her head and came up and nuzzled me- kinda reminds me of her daddy- "did you get some good photos of me mom?"
She is pretty like him, and check out that long mane! Can't wait till I get her mama Gussie home, I'll do a photo shoot of the two of them.

12 comments:

cdncowgirl said...

Omg I can't believe how dark her winter coat is!

cheyenne jones said...

Thats a good lookin` horse.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

They look great ! Are you still sending me that write up?

Sherry Sikstrom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aurora said...

1,2,3 everyone roll lol! You always get the best pics, what kind of camera/lens do you have? Chickory is floating, and Velvet - what a sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

Nice looking horses you've got there! Love the rolling - Pie and Scout did the funniest synchronized rolling the other day. The flopped down at the same time and did the up and over with perfect timing together!

GunDiva said...

I feel better after seeing them roll and play.

Janice Grinyer said...

'snow angels!! brown ones! lol

And yes, she sure can move...

Brenda said...

Beautiful horses. I can't wait to see my roll---in green grass (will it ever come?)

Brenda said...

Beautiful horses. I can't wait to see my roll---in green grass (will it ever come?)

Crystal said...

They look good and happy to be out!

Janice said...

You sure get good pictures. Jazz can move when she wants to.I'm hoping for more cow savvy than juice. My Barrel racing days are over. Velvet gets really dark like the blues here,they are almost black until they get wet and you can see more of the undercoat.