This evening when I was bringing Beamer in, I tripped over a bit of barb wire that was half buried in the ground and did a face plant- of course, I managed to get my arm out a little to break my fall, and heard that unmistakable little snap! of a bone cracking in my wrist- fortunately it seems as if it's only a minor one; I iced it for an hour or so, and it seems bearable. There is a lot of junk buried in the ground here; lots of bale strings and wire bits. We've been cleaning it for two years now and there always seems to be more surfacing.
The cherry blossoms are in full force, and the Magnolia trees are blooming. I'll try to get some photos of them this weekend. Of course, the bugs are back too; we have mosquitoes and plenty of these guys:
Rio is thriving, he has a lot of speed and likes to show it off- but he can stop on a dime too. I think he'd make a good reining horse, he's built right for it. He gets more handsome by the day!
and he has the cutest little nose!
I really can't wait to see what color he sheds out- I'm pretty sure he will be lighter colored than Kai; Kai is chocolate brown right now.
Tomorrow I will be helping out at a big barrel-o-rama here, I'll be a barrel setter. My camera is charged up, I might be able to get a few photos.



12 comments:
you should have your wrist xrayed. i don't like that creepy looking bug. eww. what is it?
Ouch! Hope your wrist is ok :(
We've only been here a year but I keep finding stuff... mostly wire, twine and shotgun shells but some interesting things too. Notably a pair of reins (single rein) and ONE spur with a nice leather spur strap.
Looking forward to seeing the pics! Sorry to hear about your wrist, nasty place!
That Rio looks a really nice horse, on the subject of buried trash, I was laying a veggie patch last week, and turned up a complete toilet bowl!!
makes you wonder about folk!
Hope the wrist is OK!
Ouch, not a good time to be hurt either (not that there IS any good time). We have a working alley that I'm sure was built where a stackyard use to be LONG before my time.....every year I pick up a wheelbarrow load of junk.
No, I'm not getting an xray, it would just be a waste of time. I'll keep it wrapped, it will be fine.
I don't know the name of those bugs; I call 'em helicopters because of the way they fly.
oh no! I wish you all the best. You sound like me. I won't go to the doctor unless I HAVE to. One time, I went to emergency room with a sprained ankle. They didn't even give me a bandage, they just told me to go home and wrap it.
Keep it iced, wrapped, and don't use it.
Darn....I hate it when I do things like tripping over stuff in the yard. With me though, it's usually Tuckers rope that tangles around my feet and throws me down.
I hope your wrist responds to ice and rest. If it doesn't, then maybe you should get an x-ray (that's mom-talk!)
Rio does ave the cutest nose and that lost shot is adorable. He's so kissable!
I'm so sorry about your wrist! So sorry! It just makes everything a little tougher in life to deal with a broken bone too.
That first photo (all the photos really) is stunning. I think I'm about ready to pack up and head to your country. Such beauty!
Good luck with the barrel o rama...take care of your wrist!
Careful with that wrist , they were worried about a scaphoid fracture with mine.Essentially it is your navicular bone and if it doesn't heal properly it can freeze your wrist with surgery as an only option! My doc says "don't try to save yourself" your wrist isn't going to be strong enough to hold you anyway.Tuck and roll! Hope you are OK and enjoy the barrel racing
Haha Sherry, that was my advice too, just land and dont try to stop the fall, I learned that after breaking my arm.
I lost a few comments too, I wish they would come back...but I doubt I will see them again.
Sorry about the fall....I didn't get my shoulder looked at for 3 weeks till it stopped working all together and my husband started doing laundry.....LOL
Everything looks so nice at your place, love the flowers. "Get Well Soon"
Post a Comment