Friday, May 27, 2011

Playin' with my camera

Since the rain stopped the horses got turn-out early this morning, and I figured it was a good time to play with the new camera: I wanted to try out the action setting. Rio was happy to oblige as my model.
I think the camera should have a "goofy" setting:
The horses were so happy to get out on the grass that I couldn't get much action from them. Too busy munching! But I did manage a couple.
You can see in this photo the lumps under Chickory's jaw from her new teeth erupting.
 See those dark spots on Rio's face? He's going to shed out that color. Pretty much like mama, I figure. Should be a flashy boy when he's all grown up, with all that chrome and a dark color.
Couldn't get much action out of Beamer either.
Yep, he was filling his face too, but he did strike a pose for me.
These photos were all taken before sun up, I guess I'm pretty happy with how they turned out considering I didn't play with speed or aperture, just let the camera figure it out. I did some macro shots for Sunday stills too that turned out nicely- but you'll see those ones on Sunday.

9 comments:

Susan said...

Rio sure seems like a happy little guy. We're drying out here too.

Anonymous said...

They're all beautiful pictures. Man oh man, do you have the most incredibly beautiful herd. Wow!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ed said...

Great shots, try setting the camera on Aperature mode and just work with the ISO and whoite balance..:-))

cdncowgirl said...

Nice shots, and before full sun-up! Love the opening shot of Rio... his little 'peggy' mane looks so sweet :)

Hope you don't mind, I'm zapping you an e-mail with a "colts" question.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Great shots! I especially love the first one with Rio's little prance.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

A wonderful model,that Rio! I think your nrw camera will be great ,it sure caught great detail in Chickory's mane

Jan and Shelley said...

aww these photos are brilliant! i regret not taking enough photos of my colt when he was a foal xx

gtyyup said...

That first pic of Rio is perfect...what a smart lookin' lil' guy!