Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Friends, Flowers, and a Filly

Thanks to Janice, I am going to be busy making things look pretty here in time for Ted's birthday party this weekend.
She was in town today and brought me plenty of flowers, some I ordered, and some were gifts. I managed to get a lot of my planters filled, and will have to finish off tomorrow.
Janice was also kind enough to do some pruning for me, including this pear tree which is blossoming but probably needs another pear tree nearby to cross-pollinate and produce fruit.
My friend Carol over at All These Pretty Horses had a lovely bay filly off her San Jo mare a  couple of days ago. 2 down, two to go for her!
My sympathy goes out to all the people who are affected by the wild fires raging in Alberta, fueled by the high winds. This has been a horrible year for natural disasters; earthquakes, floods, fires- what next? Plagues, I guess, and let's not have that happen!

9 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

The flowers look lovely ! Hope the birthday party is a ton of fun!

Susan said...

I bought bedding plants the other day, haven't planted them yet. I hadn't heard about the fires,seems odd when so many places have had so much moisture this spring.

lisa said...

I bet you will have a very pretty yard by the time you are done, the flowers look pretty. I haven't gotten all my plants yet but then with all the rain we are getting I will be mudding them in ;) It hasn't been a very good year this year so far for so many people!

Sarah said...

heaven help us if plague breaks out! I'd much rather deal with natural disaster than illness!
The flowers are lovely! I can't beleive how different it looks where you are compared to our area, and your NORTH of us! Geography and climates are so interesting. We've barely got baby buds for leaves on our trees, what few trees we have! Rio sure is growing fast!

Crystal said...

THose are very pretty flowers! I am so far behind on flowes and yard work, butI will catch up oneday.
Hope the birthday party goes well.

allhorsestuff said...

Neat timing on getting the yard beautiful...company its the best for deadlines on house cleaning...and apparently yard beaitification!

Well, if the Rapture its this Saturday (if you missed that announcement-don't worry-it is written-no one knows the day or hour!) plagues will be next.

Linda said...

You are SO far ahead of us. I did put in some bedding out plants the other day and my wren is back so I know we must be closer to spring;)))

PaintedPromise said...

OMG you had to mention plagues... now we have the EHV-1 virus thing YIKES! bet you didn't know you were so powerful!!!

Anonymous said...

We are being overrun with Cicadas right now. They are eating up our trees. This is a 13yr event I understand. They make lots of noise too, but you just get used to it after awhile.