I didn't take the dogs the first evening, but last night I did, and a happy lot they were. Sammi, who loves water, decided to lay down in the little dugout for a cool down.
We did our road trip yesterday, didn't go the route that takes us past the Libby Dam, but a back country route that went past the Yahk River Falls. My falls photos aren't as good as Ed's, and the lighting was tough because of brilliant sun and deep shadows, but here they are:
Tess got to take the road trip too; we only had room to take one dog.
Over the mountain pass we went, a very slow and winding route, so little traveled that grass is growing up in the cracks in the road. The only wildlife we saw was deer, including a spotted fawn. At the end of the pass we came out on the Kookanusa reservoir formed by the Libby Dam.We crossed it by this bridge:
We arrived at our friend's place, where Tess got to meet her half sister, Docie. This is the full sister to Janice's dog Sage, and Carol's dog Jess.Docie has a toy rabbit that she had to make sure that Tess didn't get.
Doesn't he look like Beamer, except for color?
This isn't the greatest photo as the light was too strong, but he sure is a nice horse, and very similar to Beamer. His coat shone copper in the sun. Their daughter still shows him in reining.Anyway, it was a lovely way to spend a day, touring with my sweetheart, with my best dog and visiting good friends. Hope your weekend was good too!










11 comments:
Sounds like a nice day.The close up of Beamers brother looks like him. holy Docie would be the spittn image of Reba if she had black on the face. I can see the familial tie to Sage.
That sounds like a great trip, and kinda neat to see relatives to your animals too.
Sounds like a trip for the memory vault. I love the blue sky.
Stink eye works great on cows!
- The Equestrian Vagabond
I lived 20 minutes from Yahk or Yaak depending on who's writting it for 14 years. I loved Lincoln County Mt. but the winters were hard on my joints. One of these days I'm going back & spend the summer with friends up there. Can't wait. Thanks for the memories!!
sounds like a pretty perfect weekend
Beautiful country, dog, horse, man and friends... Doesn't get better than that!
The water is gorgeous. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend.
Sounds like a great mini holiday!! My kind...not so long;)
Sounds and looks like you had a great time!
I was is Monatana a few years ago. Yep, I could live there. Great photos!
Post a Comment