Apparently, he thinks the bucket is tastier than the grain:
I guess it'll take a while to get him happily munching. I'd have eager volunteers to show him the joys of oats but they are all too fat!All the horses got trimmed yesterday, and the barefoot program is working well. They are starting to build a good callous, and their feet are healthy. Rio got done too, and he was not too bad; his right side he wanted to pull his feet away more, but over all he got complimented by the farrier.
At 4 months old, you can't expect them to have the patience of an adult horse.
I plan on weaning him on Sept.3, the long weekend, so that I'll be around to keep an eye on him.


6 comments:
wow! he is doing very well! I am sure he will get the hang of the oats in no time
Rio is really doing well!
Sleepy little face, I think he was just checking to see if the farrier was really paying attention.
Looks like he did a great job with the farrier to me!! I am glad your hubby liked the posts. We love our saw mill and we would like to upgrade to a better sawmill but they are expensive. We bought ours for 4800 and the one we want now it well over 9000 so, it will be a while.
What a sweet pea.
He's doing pretty darn good for a baby.
Looks like you've got a real nice spot for your farrier to work too.
I have to admit I use "treats" to reward or help convince the horses that something is good. Tavi (the sorrel yearling) quickly learned the awesomeness of cookies, which in turn made him much more eager to try to please and to be caught. Odin will NOT try any treat... cookies, carrots, apples, oats.
Post a Comment