Friday, August 5, 2011

Weekend plans

Today my sister and I are heading to Kamloops to visit our dad. He's 83 and in the latter stages of Lewy Body Dementia. Since we live 7 or so hours away, we don't get to see him often; in fact it's been a year since I last saw him at our family reunion. I'm facing the fact that this may well be the last time I see him, so this is a very special weekend for me, and I'd like to thank my sister for making it possible. We plan to take a priest to see him on Saturday, and spend the day with him, as well as Sunday afternoon.
This weekend, Sunday Stills is Sunsets, and mine is pre-set to post in the early morning of Sunday. Fitting, since my dad is in the sunset of his life, so I'll leave you with a sunset. Back in 4 days.

12 comments:

Dreaming said...

Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy Dad and all of the memories you have.

Daisy said...

Have a great time. It'll be a memory making weekend!

gtyyup said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip. I'm sure it will be hard...take every day as it comes.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Enjoy the weekend , nice to be doing this with your sister

Mrs. Mom said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers Shirley. We know the feelings all too well.

Safe travels.

aurora said...

What a beautiful (and fitting) picture! Altho your weekend will knowingly be very hard, I truly hope this special visit brings you & your family peace.

cdncowgirl said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family Shirley

Linda said...

Beautiful picture. I feel for you and your family--best wishes for a good visit with your father.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I did mean to add,sending prayers for you and your family in this difficult time

Cheyenne said...

Blessings to you and your family. Cherish these moments with your Dad, as I know you will-family is such a fine gift from God.

Margaret said...

Yes, enjoy your weekend and hug your father for a long time... blessings I send your way.

lisa said...

Very lovely post and hope you have a lovely time with your dad! Your picture is just beautiful!