Had a good visit with Janice today and she reminded me of the Canadian Border Collie Championship coming up in 2 weeks, we both plan on going. We should have some good photos and stories to share. The sire of my dog Tess (Quill) and the sire of Janice's dog Kali (Moss) will be shown in the open class.
Mowing my lawn got a rain delay today, (aw shucks!) and it's nice that the rain cut the dust at least for today. Every time the horses roll, they've been kicking up a cloud of dust; that can't be good for their lungs. Can't believe it's mid August already, it seems that summer just started and now it's nearly over. Why is it that the older you get, the faster time goes?
Days go by, and become memories,
Some we cherish,
and some fade into dust.

7 comments:
Quiet time with the ones we love are times never wasted. I am no gardener, but I had fresh peas , new potatos and baby carrots all courtesy of the local farmers market
I often feel the same way about summer. As soon as it starts, its over! Your right, as we get older, time really flies in!
30 lbs of cherries?? Wow, that must have been a back breaker!
What a nice -ss. I'm with you on the time thing. Pre Twenties and even into my thirties I thought I had all the time in the world...time seemed to drag by now...mach- speed.Auction .....Antiques....oh well it's called cash flow problem.
It sounds like you have some fun things coming up. I love it when there are so many things to do... and hate it when all of them happen at the same time.
Time does wooosh right by - I can't believe it is the middle of August already!
This summer has gone by fast, but I wonder if it's because it took so long to come in the first place. It was cold here this morning and here it is mid-August! All of my Dahlias are struggling and just now starting to even think about opening. The bright side is that the grass is still green. :)
I agree summer is just dissapearing, and am hoping we have a long warm fall.
I love cherries, Im sure I would have eaten half of them before they got to the freezer.
Boy, he is gorgeous coming or going...
Post a Comment