He is a very good little guy, not a peep out of him from his crate during the night. He has already claimed his spot for cuddling:
He is 10 weeks old, and was born on our anniversary, June 15th. A tiny fellow, the cats look huge next to him.
Thumper wants to play with him (no Thumper, it's not a new wind-up toy for you!)
The border collies took it all in stride, just a few sniffs, and they were more interested in whether or not I'd play ball with them.
He's so little that I have to be really careful where I step, and the collies did run him over once already. As a result he is cautious around them and takes himself out of their way.
My indoor cat, Pearl, won't have anything to do with him, but she'll just have to get used to him, because he will definitely be an indoor dog. She'll just have to share her space.







15 comments:
Oh ! He is adorable !!!! This mean I don't need to figure out how to get that Calico to you?
O.K. new heights on the cuteness level, don't let my mom see him.;-)
I. am. in. LOVE!!! He is precious!!!!
Yeah, Sherry, I think we're full up again!
We call them ankle biters! The hubby has been thinking of getting a small dog but I have held him off and hopefully that works for a while yet! Merle is a cutie though!
Cute lil' thing. We had one when I was little. Still have the scars on my fingers to remember him with.
...and you MUST watch out for the hawks and big predator birds. I had a 4 oz. Yorkie, and that was a real worry! He is adorable and I LOVE the b&w of him cuddled on your husband's chest.
Oh My God! Those eyes! He's so cute! I love the name, Merle. I imagine there is story behind that one...I am happy for your hubby, I bet it's nice to have the sensitive type around. I'm still serching...Does he have a brother? He he
How sweet! He's going to be so much fun to have around! You know, its usually the littlest ones that become the biggest bosses! He'll have those big boys whipped into shape in no time!
Oh man is he ever cute! And looks like he is fitting right in :)
What a cute little fuzzball. He'll be # 1 in a hurry with those sweet looks!
@Margaret-I've already thought of the predator birds; we have owls, hawks turkey vultures and ravens here. Merle doesn't leave my sight!
@Mary- named after Merle Haggard- the singer of Ted's favorite song, Big City turn me loose.
Since I will be the principal care giver for Merle, he will be treated and trained the same way as my Border Collies; no bad behavior allowed, and ignoring me is not an option.
Second new puppy for my blogging friends today!
Adorable and seems to be fitting right in.
Glad to meet you, Merle, I'm a dog lover.
That is about as cute as it gets !!!
Daughter Dawn, has some little fuzzball thing, spoilt ! So how you feeling, after your roll on the ground? The dog trials looked like a great day. Funny, they call them sheep trials here.
Oh how utterly gorgeous! I must not get one.I must not get one. I must not get one...
Post a Comment