Monday, August 29, 2011

Mellow Monday

Doing chores this morning, I was looking for someplace safe to put Merle so that the horses wouldn't step on him, so I plunked him in this feed tub. Yeah right. Didn't take long for his fuzzy cuteness to hop out of there. But he did stay out of the way. I managed to get Rio to eat some grain, including the pellets, of course Chickory had to show him how, much to her delight. He is doing well, not calling to mama much any more.
Janice was out this way today to visit her mare, Jade, who is in training with Terril, the fellow who came out to look at Chickory. We had a good visit, and watched him ride her. He does a real nice job, and I might send Chickory to him for a week or so to make it easier for me.
Here he's working on the sidepass. 
Isn't Jade about the prettiest Morgan ? 
I think Janice is pleased with her progress, and she will be doing a blog post on it, hopefully with a video.

8 comments:

Daisy said...

Truly, Jade is a gorgeous morgan!!
Love that Merle!!

Crystal said...

She really is pretty! And glad shes coming along, I will have to read about her.

Mary said...

Everytime I see little Merle I grin and giggle. I'm glad Rio is taking his trasition in stride. Jade really does have a pretty face!

cheyenne jones said...

Cant help but love that horse! I have toyed with sending Sunny away to be trained some, like you Shirley, it will give me some time and help altogether.

lisa said...

She sure is pretty! I did the same with Sirocco, sent him out to some one to start some of the work before I finish him.

Michele said...

now,a little dog like that would fit nicely into my home:D i like chihauhaus:D poms are cute to though:)

Ed said...

Jade is pretty but Merle steals the show..:-)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Jade is a gorgeous gilr! and Merle ,well what do I say but sweet