Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Flowers, fun and flight

Hey, Crystal, the rose does look better in the sunshine!. We finally got some nice weather. I  led Chickory over some hard smooth ground to help toughen up her feet, then went for a putt down the road on Gussie; great day for a ride! Gussie didn't want to leave the homeplace, I think she figured that she should get some pasture time, but I got her lined out and on down the road we went- got a nice photo for Sunday Stills, the challenge this week is roads.
Yesterday, I caught a really neat shot of Nitro- he was puddle jumping.
He landed and then lit up the afterburners as he raced for the gate I had open to the pasture. Mud don't scare this boy!
The baby Raven spent the whole of yesterday in the rainstorm hanging out on a branch in one of the trees, I finally shooed it over to another tree just so he could figure out that yes, he could fly in the rain, and then this morning all 3 Ravens were gone. One of them was around this afternoon, but I'm hoping that they will stay away for a while so the Owl can come back.
I got my Hoofcare book, and once I'm done reading it, I will be doing some trimming, starting with Belle and Nitro; the other ones I have touched up a few times, but Belle hasn't been done since Tara did her on May 19, so it should be interesting. Might take me a couple of days, but I'll get 'er done!

6 comments:

Janice said...

Now that is quite the picture...what a guy....I think he's trying for flight...no Nitro you do not have wings:)

Crystal said...

Ya it sure does look better in the sunshine! But most everything does :) I like the color of it, sure is pretty.
Nitro sure is looking good, thats the best thing about rain is that the babies sure dont mind the mud.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Airborn! what a little star

aurora said...

Nice reflection on that water. Good for training, water and mud crossing, and apparently it's good for jumping over too! Nitro sure has fun!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Love that boy's boldness!

Linda said...

He's a star that's for sure! Love the rose...better even than the wet one.