Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Stills

I almost opted out of this week's Sunday Stills challenge, which is numbers, the more the better. Where, thought I, can I find numbers to photograph that are even remotely interesting?  Turns out, aplenty! First of all there was my lottery ticket:
Needless to say.....
I wasn't the big winner, only one dollar. Sigh.














Then there's the weather- something else that isn't cooperating with my plans for a productive spring:


For those of you who don't understand the Celsius degrees, here's my thermometer, which has Celsius on the left and Fahrenheit on the right. This temp is on Saturday afternoon. Another sigh.

Then Sarah from over at Between the Fenceposts blog sent me a FB message asking about how to judge a horse's weight; I use a weight tape, which also has measurements for a horse's height on the other side.

And one last item that most horsemen are very familiar with- the syringe; every horse medicine cupboard should have one. Or more.

11 comments:

Janice said...

Hey good ones. I've opted out of this one I just plain ran out of time.

Dreaming said...

Nice numbers! Thanks for including the picture of the thermometer after the weather outlook. Brrrrr.... that's not nice at all! I really like how you set up the picture of the measuring tape. The background really sets it off.

Linda said...

Good ones...you make me feel like a slacker because I didn't know if I could get it done either.

aurora said...

Look at all the great shots you found! My fav is the tape measure, composition & lighting.

One Fly said...

Most of the time you start looking for something you will find them like you did. Good stuff.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Great pics, and I don't understand why the lotteries keep picking the wrong numbers! They need to pick mine or yours ~

cdncowgirl said...

Great ideas! Although your weather pic looks pretty much like mine :(

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Great choices!

Anonymous said...

All great number choices. :)

Ed said...

Excellent! I dream of 50 degree temps..:-)

Terry and Linda said...

I had trouble with it also! You found lots of numbers!! Good job!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com