Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Sunshine

Summer at last! The first full day of summer promises to be a good one, at least we have a sunny morning here; perfect for a flower shot or two.
The Masterwort is doing really well, and my Morden Sunrise  has about 3 dozen buds on it.
I can't wait for the corrals to dry out so I can get the tractor in there to clean them, it's driving me nuts.
I haven't done much with the horses, just routine maintenance; Gussie got a bath yesterday and managed not to roll in the mud until today; oh well, at least her mane and tail are still silky instead of feeling like straw.
Rio's barbwire cuts are healing, one of them is deeper than I thought at first, but it will be all right.  The comfrey/plantain mix is doing a nice job of healing.
Only problem with having a sunny day? It means I have to mow the lawn, 'cause it'll probably rain by tomorrow! Totally screws up my afternoon.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I say forget the lawn on such a nice sunny day and go for a ride instead!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Mow the hayfield/lawn next week ,you deserve a day for you

Michele said...

iam coming!! save some of that work for me!!! :) i got weight to lose!!! :D yeehah!!! looking forward to being there!!! oh yeah!!! steaks are on me!! gussie, auntie m is coming for a ride:D

cdncowgirl said...

Same thing here... too much rain, too much mud, not enough good ground to ride. Pens need cleaned but I don't feel like getting the tractor stuck or making ruts.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I am so jealous of your roses, the Japanese Beetles ate mine up!! All twelve plants!!