Edited: Contest is now closed!
There's been lots going on since my last post, but I've been holding back, waiting for foals to be born because this is my 1500th post, and I wanted to celebrate by showing off a new foal- but alas, the mares have other plans. They are both officially overdue now- and you wanna bet that tomorrow there will be a foal? I have nicknamed them the Titanic Twoesome.
Their big heavy bellies didn't stop them from having a little fun when we finally got a sunny day....
But I'm pretty sure Gussie over did it and slipped in the mud- probably doing this:
I think she slipped in the mud that is in the center of the pen today because she is lame, not wanting to put weight on her left front leg. When she stands on it the muscles from her elbow up start quivering and she takes the weight off that leg, I can't feel any heat but I did find some ropy muscles in the shoulder so I massaged and put anti- inflammatory and anti-spasmodic oils on her. I'm hoping it will pass quickly, and I've confined her back in her foaling stall. Hint- Gussie, it's a FOALING stall!
Anyway, Rio got his teeth floated today, and while he was in lala land we branded him- thanks, Ted!
Yesterday I was lucky enough to see a bald eagle circling right above us, and even with my little pocket camera managed to snap a decent photo.
They are such an awe inspiring bird- but I'm glad little Merle wasn't running around!
So, since this is my 1500th post, I'm going to do a giveaway- a surprise- all you have to do is leave a comment on this post and I will do a random draw for the winner. I must say thank you to all the people who follow or read this blog on a regular basis, it really does inspire me to keep going.
Thanks from all the gang at Diamond Lazy H Quarter Horses!
44 comments:
I've been reading your blog religiously for a couple of years now, and can't wait to see what Gussie and Belle have in store ;)
Happy 1500th, and keep up the good work!
Darn mares!!! I can't believe they have the energy too goof off like that!! Well it will be unfortunate if they decide to foal right after this post BUT I want to see what they have in there so I hope they do!!!
Congrats on 1500! You have one of my favorite blogs :-).
Your dedication inspires to keep posting. Congratulations.
I just started reading a few weeks ago, but so far I am in love with your stories, and in anticipation for the preggo mares! They look so cute!! I hope Gussie heals quickly!
Hope Gussie feels better shortly - and hope both have safe foalings - can't wait to hear.
Congrats on your blog history - I always learn something from you and enjoy seeing and reading your posts.
Congratulations on 1500! Now regarding the mares, they are typical females, seldom on time and bound to do it their way. :-}}
(Send hate mail to http://rideagoodhorse.blogspot.ca)
;-}}
Today is the day I picked for Gussie to foal, so come on Gussie, stop gadding about and start pushing! Ps. You don't have to add me to the draw. I'm in Oz and postage is ridiculous!
I just started following your blog and just love all your stories. and the gorgeous horses you have. Those mares. I can't believe they can run and jump like that and have such huge bellies! Can't wait to see the babies!
How do you keep an Idahoan in suspense?? Apparently your girls have it down to a Science. (0:
I've been reading your blog for a few months. I love it! you have some beautiful horses.
The brand looks great!!!!!
I really enjoy reading your posts Shirley, and I am so happy that you invited me to be a part of the horses that I have been reading about for the past couple years.
Poor Gussie, I hope she's feeling better soon.
Oh My, Those Mares Are Rather**HUGE!
Thought Forsure This Post Would Be THE ONE.
Well, I'm Hoping Gussie Just Strained Something..Poor Girl.
The Eagle Made Me Gasp With Delight, Very Good Capture. Yes,I'm Very Glad Too, Your Tempting Small Animals, Were
NOT about!
Congrats On Having So Much To Say And Show And Share!! You Are An Inspiration!
well, since your sister here has been reading faithfully since the start of your blog, if you draw my name, you can give the gift to our sister :)
Congratulations Shirley! 1500 is an amazing accomplishment and I really enjoy the fact that you use more pictures than lengthy narratives on your posts (from someone who seems to find less and less time to spend on the computer). As for Gussie (sigh)....I hope she gets better SOON.
Congrtulations on 1500! You go girl!
No foals yet..come on girls..I guessed this week!!
I wonder what the moon is doing?
I hope Gussie gets over the limp soon..all that extra weight must throw their footing off.
Looks like spring there:)
Wow 1500! thats pretty impressive. I cant believe them mares are just taking thier sweet time. Tonight Gussie, tonight would be perfect :)
They certainly are a bit large. Maybe all that romping around will shake something loose, Especially since you posted this.
Congrats on hitting 1500! Been a long-time reader, but don't normally comment. Had to though when I saw your girls busting it up while they are so huge! Hope Gussie feels better soon...she's got some mothering to do. :)
Congrats on 1500! That is a lot! Hopefully the mares will foal soon, they look like they need to have those babies! Silly mares. Hope Gussie is feeling better!
Well, heres to a safe foaling, Gussmonster is probably regretting that ripping around stuff now, hope she is ok, but I know for a fact she is in very good hands!!!
Good luck on the babies, I am waiting to see them too!!! (Almost as much as you are waiting to see one of mine!! LOL)
still holding out for the 29th, on both of them!!
Keep us informed ( as I know you will!!)
1500 that's a big deal...Come on girls let's see some babies.Brand turned out really well...Rio is looking slightly less than impressed.. a little lingering slow juice.
I hope both mares foal and give you a rest soon. They both look very ready...
Hugs
Wow 1500 I had no idea I found you so late, but so glad to find you. Congratulations.
I am sorry those horses are holding off giving you those little wobbly legged beauties to share with all of us waiting but I am sure they are going to be beautiful and worth the wait.
Love the Eagle they are incredible someday I am going to see them again. B
Thank you for taking the time to write 1500 posts. I have read, and learned and been inspired by many of them. :)
Yes, please enter me in your give-a-way! Love your horse photos. They were really enjoying running around and feeling frisky. I hope Gussie is over her lameness soon!
We are having the direct opposite all our sheep and hogs seem to have made a pact, and they were all about a day of each other. And of course in the snow!
Good luck with the babies!!!!,
XXX,
Neighgirl
Do you feel like the girls are snickering behind your back? LOL Probably at one minute after midnight.
I love reading your blog. Ive been anxiously awaiting foal pictures!
How inconsiderate of the girls not to foal in a timely manner for you to post pictures on your 1500th post! Geesh!
They both look like they are about to pop. I'm surprised that they can move with such agility! Poor Gussie, I can imagine that the extra weight could have really caused problems in the mud.
I can't wait to see pictures!!!!
I have loved reading your blog ever since a few weeks ago when I first found it! So inspiring! Great pictures and some very beautiful horses. Keep up the good work posting. Can't wait to see the foals! If it's not too late, I would love to be entered in your drawing.
~Katie Bergen
Great shots, glad the girls had a sunny day..:-)
Gussie, looks like she will be the first to go! But they sure look like they were loving the nice sunny weather! I love visiting especially when a new one is about to come!
Congrats on 1500! Hope your babies arrive safe and soon! Our mare is going to go early for once it seems!
Oh my, look at those FAT PREGO MARES!!! Poor Gussie, bubble wrap, I tell ya. It's the only way to protect them from themselves!
Hahaha those mares are definitely titanic - look at those beeeelliesss! Come on Gussie, get better & share with the world your baby!!
Congrats on 1500 - what a milestone :)
The girls are just waiting for you- to get really really tired. Then the minute you sleep too long they'll get right to foaling. At least that's how its worked out here several times. Sigh.
I like your brand!
Oh my gosh those silly pregnant mares! Love the 2nd shot of Gussie where she's prancing in the mud... kinda reminds me of Peppy Le Pew (sp??)
I've met a lot of great people via blogging and you are definitely one of them! Even when I'm too busy to comment I read :)
OMGOsh! Those first two photos of Belle and Gussie are both shocking and so funny! Look at 'em go!
I wish I could have moved like that when I was pregnant with my babies. lol!
Congrats on your 1500th post!
I still read your blog and check in from time to time. :)
~Lisa
Congratulations on your 1500th blog post!! That's quite a milestone!! Tonight is the night.... a foal is on the way..... or not, lol!
Thank us? No mam! Thank you! I learn so much from you, not to mention just plain ole enjoy all your pictures of horses, especially when I can't get home to see mine! You help feed the fever! (so my husband probably doesn't thank you, but who cares)I've become a slacker at commenting, but still love all the info and pictures!
Congrats on 1500 posts! That's awesome!
WOW that's crazy Shirley!!! GOOD FOR YOUR BLOG :) Abby sends a wiggle of the tail for you :) Congrats on your posts
Congratulations on your 1500th post! When Tyrone and I first stumbled onto your blog, Stephen was away 5 days a week doing his practicum. During the evenings
(when we missed him the most) it really helped us to be able to connect with another part of the family and follow the antics of your assorted critters. Now since we've actually met them all in person, it's even more fun to check in!
Prayers to St. Francis for the well-being of the two moms & their babies.
I started following your blog about 3 weeks ago, and I have enjoyed it immensely! I love the fun pictures of the mares playing around. I can't wait to see pictures of their foals! Thanks so much for all of your posts.
Post a Comment