Ted and I worked at an auction on Saturday, and I found a few items to follow me home. I bid on a box of stuff because of a nearly new set of Wahl animal clippers in it, got the boxful for $5 and it had a few good things in it. Also got this lovely Austrian dish:
This is the makers mark on the bottom:
I googled it and apparently it's from the 1890's to 1900's. Cool!
Also got some of these:
The left one used to be a butter churn, the middle one has no bottom and the other one Ted is claiming, so I get the other two for planters.
Also got a galvanized tub with some old harness bits that came out of a mine. A good day!
And yes, we do have green and growing grass here in Canada- not all of us are getting the nasty spring storms that are hitting Alberta and the mountainous areas.
The mares are still hanging in there. I heard from Chickory's owner- she is waxing so stand by- baby pics coming soon!
10 comments:
What great finds, I love Austrian china, and the barrels! Wow!
That Austrian dish is exquisite! Can't wait to see pics of the babies!!
What a fabulous find! I LOVE the barrels. Waiting anxiously for baby news.
Great scores from the auction.
Can't wait for the babies since we won't be having any of our own this year.
Oh my, what a score on that dish...really pretty!
What a GREAT deal on those clippers!! Our next project for Rio.....
Very pretty footed dish..and that churn will make a great planter:)
very nice loot! Looking forward to sme green here soon too
I love old barrels, and auction's too! I usually do the bidding when we go to auctions. The hubby says I am better at than he is! Love the dish!
auctions are dangerous... ;)
I have stories about my first auction last spring - well, not my first auction but the first time I ever bid on something... i ended up bidding against myself but the nice auctioneer helped me out LOL I think everyone took pity on me and I ended up getting a nice antique oak dresser for $35. LOL
but it isnt as pretty as that gorgeous austrian dish you got!
Post a Comment