Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday Stills

Good Sunday morning to you all! Here are some random shots for today's Potluck theme.
Merle on his matching steed, Gussie:

Shayla taking Beamer for a spin:


The springtime soggy field:

Rio heading through said soggy field:

aaaaaaand.... the newest equine at Diamond Lazy H Quarter Horses isn't a quarter horse!
Nitro's owner very kindly gave me this amazing zebra. It's in need of restoring, but I'm not sure that I should? His ear tip needs replacing, and the paint is peeling off in places and there are some cracks that could be filled. His hair needs replacing, and I have enough horsehair from various horses over the years that I could redo the mane and tail which currently are rotten string. Any opinions would be welcome.

20 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Nice photos! And I LOVE that Zebra! He'd look great restored.

Two Blondes and an Appy said...

Great pictures! Love the one of Merle on Gussie :)!

Martine said...

Great photos. Funny, I took a photo of one of my dogs on horseback today, too!
I know nothing about restoring stuff but I love the zebra & I bet it would look even better restored.

CDH said...

Love that zebra. What a nice gift.

Ruthlynn said...

Great Zebra! If you want to retain its value, do not restore yourself. Take it to a professional. Or at least consult one on value vs. restoration. There are several who do wonderful restorations:
www.liseliepman.com
www.ourfaircarousel.org
janescarousel.com
A Canadian carousel:
http://www.carouselnews.com/February-2007/Great-Canadian-Carousels.html

Good Luck, and very nice gift :)

Janice said...

Nice shots. Love the Zebra. I would say ..given that you are probably going to be keeping it and between you and Ted you are quite capable of restoring it. It's cool now but I think it would be even better restored.

Anonymous said...

Terrific selection of shots. Loved the pic of Gussie and Merle. :)

Tiffany said...

I would replace the tail and mane and leave the rest for character

The Dancing Donkey said...

If it has value as an antique, I don't think you should restore it. That usually decreases its value. You might want to check with an expert first. It's pretty cool as is.

Eva said...

Merle looks in charge on Gussie's back. Very cool. The reflection shot of the soggy field with fence posts is very nice. My favorite of the lot.

Unknown said...

Great Pics! That Zebra is very cool. I agree with what some of the others said. It looks cool as is, I think restoring it might take away from some of its value and coolness.

I want you to know that I think about you every morning. My favorite coffee cup says "The trail of life is hard, always ride a good horse"
:)

Buttons Thoughts said...

LOVE the photos they are awesome. That Zebra will be a fantastic project it is very cool:) B

Christine said...

Love the photos! I'm not sure which is my favourite :)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Love the pic of Merle on Gussie. And that Zebra! cool!no idea how you would restore him, but if it can be done,I am sure you will find a way

aurora said...

Nice selection of photos! What a good girl Gussie is.

Ed said...

Me too, Merle on Gussie is a winner and the Zebra is too cool. Are you a big Zebra fan?? :-)

Shirley said...

Ed, I love all equines!

Anonymous said...

yep, Merle on Gussie is the top shot, just beautiful composition.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I would not restore it. It's fantastic!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Merle looks so little..:) I love your Zebra..I would do much to it..a little wear and tear gives it character:)