Being on the back of the black to be exact.
Was kind of grumpy today, so I saddled up Beamer and went for a putt out on the hayfield. The low lying areas are full of water, and normally Beamer does his best to get out of crossing muddy wet areas, but today, he waltzed right through them. We headed up to the back end where the drainage canal is, and spotted a massive flock of blackbirds, there is only about half of them in this next photo.
A little farther on, we spotted the hawk, guarding the tree where it's nest is- at least, I think it's a hawk nest because I always see hawks in this tree.
The dogs came with me and enjoyed exploring all the smells and mouse trails.
She is softening up in the tail area too....
So that means that it's camp out time, beginning this weekend! I got an email from the lady who owned Gussie when she foaled Velvet, apparently she foaled in the early evening and it only took about 15 minutes- I'll have to be on the ball if I want to see this one being born! It would be really cool if she foaled in daylight, I could get much better photos.
Click on the link on my sidebar to enter the foaling contest!
5 comments:
Sounds like a good day after all! I have never seen a mare foal in the daytime. I think they wait till its harder to see them ;)
I am so very glad that you got to go out on you BLACK STALLION today. The wonderful things riding can to for the mind and spirit. God KNEW!!!
We have this very cute little sign in our tack room that says, "God so loved the world, that He gave us horses". It is a play on the scripture and it kinda got me at first...but I adore it now!
I also adore your stompin' grounds..beautiful. Sometimes, when mine has been in or the weather has been foreboding and we've not really gotten out...it matters not what she may dislike for footing...she goes and goes anywhere we turn...it's a little blessing, isn't it!
You take care now!
XO
Kac
I'm a little jealous of the riding ...and the babies.Oh well I guess I'll be dropping in from time to time...you'll just have to share is all:)
Sounds like my favorite AC/DC song, make sure the batteries in the camera are freah and the flash is strong just in case..:-))
Fun to have a horseback ride! And that's a LOT of blackbirds: a sign of spring's arrival. We had only 5 above this morning and still have plenty of snow.
Post a Comment