After something sad happens, it is natural to seek solace. One drink of Mikes Mango Lemonade, and a good night's sleep put a new outlook on life, and today, when it was time to turn Beamer out, I couldn't help but smile- beautiful horses, beautiful day, there is always something to ease the heart.
Like Beamer, being a goofball:
And poetry in motion....
and Nitro in a perfect halter stance....
I thank each and every one of you who left comments of support, well wishes and prayers. The little ones will always be remembered and loved. The support of family and friends has meant a lot to Ted and I, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Now, it's back to foal watch, Belle should be a mama any time now!
21 comments:
Great pictures Shirley! You're right.... Nitro is set up perfectly for a halter class!
I'm so glad you have your horses to cheer you up and another foal to look forward to. How is Gussie doing?
Gussie is fine, her milk is receding and she only called for a few hours. She has been quiet all day, enjoying the company of her BFF Belle.
Horse Therapy is many times the best kind. I am so glad that you have your ponies, and Ted to console you at this time. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. The Angels must have needed them more than they thought you did, their memories will always stay in your heart. Condolences, my friend.
I am glad you have your wonderful horses as a consolation. I am also glad that Gussie is doing OK.
Hmm... I would love to know the recipe of "Mikes Mango Lemonade"... :) Or is it something bought in a store? Beamer has such an impish/childish look to his face... ha ha and the other two are just perfect. Lookin' forward to Belle and her baby.
Margaret- Mike's Mango Lemonade is something you buy in the liquor store. Yummy!
They sure are there to cheer you up, specially that Beamer, what a ham!
Aw, my heart aches. I didn't see yesterday's post until now. But, I love your attitude. There is so much to love in your life. There is so much to look forward to. Bless you! (((Hugs)))
That pic of Beamer, the way his head is slightly cocked... it's like he's checking to make sure he's making you smile & cheering you up.
So glad the horses and your natural resilience brought you some joy today
Oh I am so happy you show these awesome pics they make me smile. Hug B
our whole family has resilience:) its a great quality we get from our parents. beamer is such a lovely stallion. iam happy gussie is ok. she's a wonderful mare that makes me smile alot. yes belle, time to have the baby! :)
Shirley, I admire your great character, strength, and outlook on life. Glad you find solace in all the beauty that surrounds you.
Horses do all of that - make you cry, make you laugh, and enjoy life for however long they have it.
- The Equestrian Vagabond
I was just catching up on a whole weeks worth of posts and was very sorry, and sad, to read these last few posts. It must have been heartbreaking. My sincere thoughts are with you all.
WOW!!! Beamer is SO beautiful! I wish I had a horse like that. Is he a stallion? Love the mountains in the background.
I love that shot of Beamer....probably my favorite so far.
The human spirit is resilient. Can't wait to hear about Belle!
Beamer always makes me smile..I am sure he makes you smile too:)
Again , I am sorry for those losses and poor Gussie!
You have many loves of horses to look after your hearts, that is for sure and a very GOOD thing.
Jesus bless you~
KK
Post a Comment