The true test for my new mare was if I could just saddle up and ride. So that's what I did, saddled up and the plan was to go down the road and into the hayfields.
However, there was a lot of traffic- billowing dust from hay haulers going by. So I changed plans, jumped her in the trailer and hauled to an outdoor arena that's in a park. Rode a little bit in the arena, just getting a feel for her- she is quite narrow and after riding chunky, short strided Beamer her long stride felt quite different.
Then we went for a nice little ride along the paths and through the trees
I contacted Llana on Facebook, she will be here next Thursday and will give me some pointers on how this mare was trained, that should help me to ride her the best I can.
I am also entered in a Cowboy Dressage clinic October 8 and 9, just an hour south of here.
Gotta get her named....
5 comments:
Love her color! She is a beauty even without a real long tail. The first name that came to mind was Butterscotch...then Windflower. Have fun!! Enjoy! :)
Nice looking, sweet mare. Glad she's so willing! She'll be even prettier when she gains a little weight. How about Flower for a barn name?
Congrats on your new mare! Happy Trails!!
She looks perfect for you :-). And you'll have her in tip top shape in no time.
When done right, a trained horse is worth their weight in gold. That is something I miss, riding a trained horse! I've been riding greenies so long I am going to really appreciate my horse when he gets there. She's a pretty girl, have fun.
Post a Comment