Beamer got to be a kids horse today. A family with 3 children came over and as a birthday gift for their youngest daughter wanted to give her a ride on a horse. So pulled Beamer out of his pen, slicked him up and saddled him and introduced them to him. My B Boy was on his usual stellar behaviour as kids climbed on, loved up on him, and got led around. All 3 of them wanted to trot as well as walk and you should have heard the giggles!
Thea loved the kids and had to be underfoot all the time- literally, as Beamer stepped on her toe. Good thing it's deep grass, she didn't get hurt. After we put Beamer in his pasture, and Coulee out in hers, I introduced them to my as yet nameless yellow mare. I brought her out and put them up on her bareback- not riding, just sitting on her. She was really good.
This is my favourite photo of the day. I let their dad use my camera, he took all these photos and gave me permission to use them on line.
I love seeing how happy children are around horses and dogs.
4 comments:
What a fun & rewarding day ~ one those lucky kids won't soon forget!!
What fun for the kids! That was probably a big highlight of their summer! :)
Hmm, a bit late to the game but Tanella, Freya, or Flicka look rather like they'd suit her.
I have to agree with you, that last picture was a fantastic one! Horses and kids just do something to your heart when you see them together.
Post a Comment