Here is her ad:
Well broke and trained 11 yr/old mare Used for cattle penning, trail rides etc. She has had 60 days of professional training on cows. It is a numbers game for us. Has great feet and easy keeper. She is too good to be left unrode.Here is the ad for this mare:
12yr old Hollywood dun it mare 14.1hh
This mare is broke. Neck reins, moves off the leg, knows her leads. Huge stop, snappy rollbacks and lots of go this mare has a big motor. She has worked the flag, been around cattle and Buffalo and been a turn back horse for cutting. She has done some breakaway roping but not a ton. Gone down the trails and down the hwy. This mare has a level head where ever you take her. Ride inside or out she's Broke broke broke. And sound!! She trailers, ties, good for the farrier and super easy to catch! Not a kids or a beginners horse she has way to much go. Serious inquiries only
My problem with her is her 14.1 size and that her owner promised me video but has not sent them yet.
The third contender is this mare, a granddaughter of Skeets Peppy, who I have always admired:
Here is her ad:
Ride her or breed her! As the GRAND DAUGHTER OF SKEETS PEPPY, "Whiskey" has it all! She is easy to catch, stands well for the farrier, loads easily, and has had two months professional training with Lachlan Bell at Bell Performance Horses. She was started as a 3 year old in a cow/calf operation, where she was roped off of, drug and doctored calves, etc. She was started chasing the flag and enjoyed it. She has a very cowy instinct and would be a good prospect for any ranch or rodeo events. Recommend an advanced/experienced rider because she has had some time off.
Whiskey stands 15.1hh and has outstanding breeding. Her conformation is perfectly straight with a big solid hind end. She has an amazing temperament. She has been started with Cowboy Challenge obstacles. She walks well over tarps, under curtains, over wood bridges and is not easily startled.
Up to date on all shots, feet are done regularily. Whiskey is an excellent young horse with a ton of potential. She is also an extremely easy keeper and doesn't require any special needs.
This mare has had time off and is just getting ridden again now- that photo is of her first ride since last fall. Owner has been away working. She is also a little bigger than what I want, but not overly big.
So there you have it- the latest group of mares for me to check out! Any thoughts?
So there you have it- the latest group of mares for me to check out! Any thoughts?

8 comments:
Well, that is a hella pretty, sweet head on the second mare no doubt about it. Hope they send you some videos. Sounds too good to be sound. :P
First mare, well, do you really want another stand offish type? Whether caused by teeth or not (and I can just hear myself back in my horse buying days making excuses for the horses I looked at) she is going to turn out to have hangups that sound a bit similar to some of the mares you have already moved on.
Can't really tell much about the third girl. I don't believe her conformation is perfect, though. No such thing! :) Not sure if what you currently want is a horse that needs getting going. Nothing objectionable about her looks. She does look a little unsure there, and are they riding her in her yard?
Have you thought about just raising a colt for yourself? That way you aren't always having to fix other folks problems?
Yes crazysheeplady- I sure have. Stella Belle was supposed to be my forever mare. When she died it about broke my heart. Since I am buying her mama back, I do hope to raise another filly off her.
Just my gut here, but I would pass on the palomino mare. Also it's been my experience that most horse's height aren't correctly stated in their ads so if they're saying she's 14.1 I'm guessing she's smaller. (kinda like how most guys say they're 6' when they're 5'10 ;) )
The brand on her cheek looks familiar though and I'm trying to place it... hmm.
The first mare, personality clash is a valid reason to move a horse. My sorrel for instance, Tavi was fine with anyone but me riding him (from a good rider to a beginner), he and I just didn't get along. Hard to catch and head tossing doesn't necessarily mean standoffish, especially if - as you noted - her teeth haven't been done. It sounds like they put more time & care into their geldings, she may come around and be lovely for someone that spends time on her. Then again it may just be her personality.
The last mare is the one I'd be most interested in. No confirmation is perfect, but they didn't quite say that they said perfectly straight and a big hind end. She sounds pretty broke with a variety of experience.
I would be interested in the first horse, I would take a pass on the pally and the third horse is interesting but I'm sure not seeing an example of the amazing temperament they spoke of. I guess the only way to find out is to check them out.
Here is my two cents: The first horse is worth checking out, probably the best fit of these three. Being a main mount for an older rider says something, she might react totally different for the right person. I too would pass on the palomino, sounds hot and been ridden hard. Personally like the third horse best, well built and pretty, but she would require training and time. Good luck with your search & decisions!!
I like the looks of the last one, she made me go OHHH:)
I love the 2nd mare. Her breeding, her looks, what all she has done. I would buy her.
The 1st mare might be okay but do you really want to mess with more problems? After having a horse with head problems, I will never get another one thinking I could fix it.
I do like the 3rd one too. She is a tad plump but heck, look at mine. LOL I like her a lot. I think you could do wonderful things with her.
just my 3 dimes
Post a Comment