Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hydrotherapy



On these hot days I could use a little hydrotherapy (like going swimming) but the hydrotherapy yesterday was for Chickory and Coyote Belle. They both got their legs cold-hosed, to reduce the swelling. I wasn't sure how Chickory would handle being sprayed, but she was pretty good. She actually loved it when I wet her down all over.
You can see the gash in this photo, right above her ankle, and the one just above it is only a scrape. I checked them both this morning and the swelling is going down and the wounds are clean, so I'm not going to go to the expense and trouble of giving them penicillin. Instead, here are my weapons of choice:

I use essential oils for nearly every medical condition that arises, from cuts and scrapes to digestive problems, colds, stress, pain and inflammation, etc. Even the dogs and cats get treated with them. I haven't used any pharmaceutical products on myself for 5 years.

11 comments:

Michele said...

good for you too! pharmaceuticals as i know first hand are exceptionally expensive! :( believe it or not, there are medications not covered by health care in canada on different healthcare plans if you have a pre existing condition that you are taking them for.

Anonymous said...

oils are essential! sure make a huge difference in healing!

Janice said...

I could use a little of all those remedies right now. So when are you coming here. You should try to come for the Fall Fair @ Fort Steele. I'm setting up a booth there.......hmm I could use some pumpkins etc for decoration?????

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Do you apply the oil directly to the wound?

Ed said...

Very cool, glad to hear she's doing well..:-)

Shirley said...

Yes, I put the oils directly on the wound. Just 2 or 3 drops of each.

lisa said...

Ok, my next guestion is where do you get them!

Shirley said...

Lisa, Young Living is a private company. Sherri from Fern Valley Appaloosas and myself are distributors. Their website is youngliving.com which gives you lots of info about the company and products. If you are interested in ordering some, email me.

ChicagoGrrrl said...

could you recommend any type of oil that i could apply to my dogs ears? the inside of her ears are horribly dry and crusty. weve been to vet a million times over this, and they just want to put her on steroids. i just want them to be pink, not black, and soft and clean! i will check out the website above.

Shirley said...

Amy, try the lavender oil and animal scents ointment. Lavender regenerates skin tissue. Sandalwood is also really good for skin. But if the issue is some type of mite, then you'd have to use something like diluted Purification oil, or diluted Tea Tree oil.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Are these essential oils for us humans, too? I think I'd like to start using them for my animals and for me. I've moved away from pharma. stuff over the years, but am still confused as to find out the best natural products for good health.
Besides glucosamine/chondroiten is there anything else you might recommend for those of us (me) as well as horses/dogs etc, with hip dysplasia and knee stiffness and soreness?

Thanks!
I'll be checking out that website this week.

~Lisa