Thursday, January 23, 2014

Going for a stroll

This evening, Shayla came over to ride Rio- just a nice relaxing stroll out in the pasture, and I hand walked Josie along with her (I need exercise too!)
I checked out how well Josie learned her "tying" lesson, and I looped the rope over the hitching rail. She didn't offer to pull back. Shayla brought out the saddle and showed it to her; she was more interested than nervous with this big contraption.

It was a nice evening for a stroll, and the kids (as I call these two) were happy to get out.
It's ok, Rio, you won't have to lope circles today! Just a leisurely putt around the pasture!
I stopped halfway as Shayla rode on, partly to get Josie used to being alone while her buddy rode off, and we found some nice green grass for her, but she kept a close eye on him in the distance, She didn't call much, but she did watch where he went.
On the way back, Shayla ponied Josie. The little filly is ponying well now. I tried for a photo but with the rapidly fading light it wasn't very good, but here it is anyway.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

aw what a good girl she is!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

good girl Josie, she sure is a growing beauty

Montanagirl said...

That Josie is such a pretty color!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow that is a nice saddle and I so love seeing your horses and the cute rider:) Hug B

Lori Skoog said...

What a sweetheart!