Sunday, January 12, 2014

The introduction

I'm finding out about the personality of Pretty Penny- she is very outgoing and affectionate. She likes to cuddle on my lap, and she likes to explore; which trait is likely how she ended up here and stayed alive over the last few weeks.
Last night, I introduced her to Thumper.

He's a gentle giant- except when it comes to mice and birds! He was quite intrigued with little miss Penny, and I'm pretty sure that both he and Foose, our black cat, have visited with her outside. And before anyone asks, yes I am quite sure that neither of our boy cays (neutered) did this to her. I've seen them interact with the feral cats around here and there is no attacking or fighting, they just check them out and then go on their way. 
I likes him. Can we keep him?
Then this morning she was introduced to the dogs, which went quite well too, no hissing or tenseness, except perhaps on the part of the dogs who weren't quite sure whether she was going to rake them with her claws!

But Tess soon was at ease. Looks like she is going to fit in just fine... but I still have to introduce her to Pearl, my ever-so-shy Siamese cross; the house is her domain. Later today. 

8 comments:

Michele said...

the second picture is just so sweet!

Clare Knutson said...

Pretty Penny seems like lovely addition!nI've had my share of absessed woulds with my cat Cowboy and they are no fun. Not to mention I have been attacked by a feral cat and it is PAINFUL. Bless you for taking her in and cleaning her up.

Montanagirl said...

She's really a pretty little kitty. I bet they'll all get along fine!

CDH said...

That's so cool that every one is accepting her. She is a cutie.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Awww...What a little cutie...And a lucky little girl that she found you guys.

Might be time for those feral toms to go bye-bye!!

WendyFromNY said...

Awww, that Thumper cat is a big honey! So are you guys for taking little Penny in, and to the vet! Should be more people like you around. I hope she heals quickly and fits in real well.

Unknown said...

She is a doll! I love it when the introductions go well.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like she will blend in just fine. From my experience with cats a bite wound is easier to heal than some things. I would have guessed that she had an encounter with your Owls...but the Bobcat idea is most certainly a possibility. You did good Shirley:)