This photo should give you an idea of just how tall Rio is. He was pretty sure that was a horse-eatin' mounting block at first, but he got over it.
Here is some of the stuff they worked on yesterday. Interestingly enough, although it isn't in the video, when he loped a little later, when he was relaxed and loping was his idea he didn't crossfire. Then when he started getting worried and charging into the lope, he crossfired every time. So I guess we need to ride the mind on this boy.
10 comments:
I've seen Mark Rashid work with horses that are cross firing - it's almost always because they're tense and aren't breathing properly - they're partially holding their breaths and aren't doing one breath per stride. Once they're breathing correctly they canter correctly. Your association of the cross firing with tension is probably accurate and would be consistent with that.
I was going to say this the other day for the other video you posted but my computer was malfunctioning.
My horse has maybe 10 years of riding on him, and he doesn't handle near as nicely as Rio. You and Shayla are doing a fantastic job with him!
Rio looks fantastic & is coming along so well!!
big horses make me nervous. :) i like them smaller :) being bucked off natti definitely was scary, she was a mighty big horse!
He's a beauty, and he sure seems easy to handle.
He sure is beautiful! You are both doing a great job with him!
He's looking really good...nice job guys. I love your Wordless Wed. Poor Kitty...she'll be fine now. You guys sure find more than your fair share of in need critters...something sends them your way???????
I almost mistook Rio for Beamer, he is a spitting image of his dad. The saddle and halter look fantastic..:-)
gorgeous! and what a nice mover!
Post a Comment