Seems like there has been awful weather everywhere, ice storms, super cold, blizzards... well, everywhere but here that is. This is a sunset photo from Christmas Eve:
It was warm throughout the Christmas holidays, we only got an inch and a half of snow just before Christmas, enough to call it a white Christmas... but then it rained and it all turned to ice. Very treacherous to walk on and I couldn't take the horses out of their stalls for a couple of days. So I made trails... pooh trails! When I clean the stalls, I put the pooh right on the ice, and it adheres to the ice and by the next day it's safe to walk on.
The moral of the story- when life gives you ice and pooh- make pooh trails and go wherever you want! Course, this doesn't work for city folk!
The horses were happy to get out of confinement.
Beamer was content to just hang out in the sunshine and be lazy.
Little miss Josie is growing, and quite able to fend off her big brother who pesters her when he gets bored. She is also starting to shed.
Her mane is finally grown enough to come up when she runs - makes for nice photos!
One last photo before I close- this was sunrise the other day.
11 comments:
lol, pooh trails :D if it works, use it! :D nice sunset photos!!!
I've used the "poo solution" on ice before - works like a charm since it absorbs heat and melts the ice under it, instead of insulating like bedding or straw.
Our horses are still locked inside due to the extreme cold, but I'm hoping they can go out tomorrow . . .
Glad you're back! Happy New Year :-D
Happy New Year! Lovely photos, that Josie is sure getting pretty.
Welcome back! I missed you!
If forgot to add...."nice pictures" :)
Happy New Year! i was thinking about you in your absence. Welcome back! Glad you didn't get the terrible weather we have. Josie's mane sure is pretty in the light!
Well, Pooh trails is a new one on me! LOL. Great photos! Love them all.
Pooh trails are a safety bonus! and when the snow melts it feeds the new grass! Nice to see you back my friend, I have missed you !
city folk would be appalled at Pooh trails. I seek out the pooh trails when I walk around in the pasture on the ice! although even that's going away now. we've had dismal snowfall since December.
- The Equestrian Vagabond
Poo Trails..love it! Whatever works
Post a Comment