Saturday, April 23, 2016

Appointment booked

Coulee is booked to have her teeth done on May 2nd. On April 30 and May 1, I'm auditing a Cowboy Dressage clinic with Jenni Grimmet  in Sagle Idaho- just over an hour from here. This is the direction I will be going with Coulee so I'm really excited to get some pointers to use once I start riding her after her dentist appointment. I can haul to the big outdoor arena, and can't wait to get out on the trails with her- I was told she loves to get out on the trails and was used in the mountains before.
I had an extra pink halter that I had made to sell, and decided to keep it because it looks good on her.
I'm making progress on her snarky moments- mostly it has to do with food, she probably had to eat with a bunch of horses and used attitude to keep her spot at the feed. She is down to half hearted attempts to intimidate me now. *grin*.

7 comments:

Crystal said...

They all have to try to see what they can get away with don't they? She sounds nice cant wait to hear what her body work and her teeth are. Then riding!

Linda said...

Just finally catching up. Authority seems to be big in my life at this stage too...trying to keep it🙄

Far Side of Fifty said...

You got a great photo of her too! I love the one in your header with the mouth full of dandys:)

Linda said...

That's wonderful that she's a solid trail horse. That is the most important quality for me. It demonstrates intelligence. Plus, the only thing I really do is ride the trails. You'll have a blast with her at the cowboy dressage clinic! Love the pink on her!

aurora said...

She looks pretty in pink, really stands out on her. Looking forward to hearing about the clinic.

Sarah said...

Pink is definitely a good color on her. Really pops!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.