Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Changes

It seems that spring is a great time for changes. There are a couple of things going on here: We may be on the verge of moving, with my sister and her husband as our landlords. That is really good news for us, I just hope they can find the right place that fits our budget and their budget. Exciting!

And then there is miss Clancy.

 I decided to list her for sale. I want a horse with a little more feel, one that will really move off my leg and soften in my hands. Clancy will do it, but it is rather grudgingly. She just doesn't enjoy it like she enjoys getting out on the trails and seeing new country, but I want a horse for both. So within just a day of listing her she is headed to her new home on Monday, where she will have a job as a team penning horse and checking cattle. Very fitting for her.

Of course.... that means the hunt is on! Not my favourite thing. But I have 3 contenders lined up so far and a few more to sort through.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you will move. I know you've been looking forward to it for a long time. Sorry to hear about Clancy. But your decision is as it always has been, and that is sound. :)

T.L. Merrybard said...

Good luck with finding the right place. So exciting for you! I'm sorry about Clancy. I'll miss seeing pics of your redheads.

aurora said...

Big ch-ch-changes! Wishing Clancy the best as she moves onto her new home, not surprised she sold right away. Truly hope you find a new place to call home, sooner then later!

Linda said...

Hope you can move to the right place and find the right horse....personally I hate chanfpge but it's always enviable.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I know you would like pastures for your horses and room to roam and I hope that all works out for you! Goodbye Clancy...I will miss seeing her:)

cdncowgirl said...

Either I've been a bad friend and out of the loop or you had kept the decision to list Miss Clancy very hush hush. Glad she found a good fit for a new home, and happy horse shopping! :)

And moving - that's exciting! Fingers crossed for better space for the horses :)

Shirley said...

Lisa- I had only just listed her on Northern Horse. She sold in less than a day.

Crystal said...

I kinda wondered when you weren't enthused about riding her, sounds like the right choice, hope you can find the right one....Jessie's always available but shes kinda pricey :)

Sherry Sikstrom said...

lots of changes, hope the move suits you well, and congrats on the sale of Clancy!

Unknown said...

Lots of good changes!