Look at her eye and mouth at the start of the video as compared to the end. Shayla worked on her neck, her first rib and something to do with her hind quarters- I'll get her to clarify all that.
I practised doing the neck work- under supervision- it's pretty cool how well it works. The next photo shows the area I tried to work the other day and could barely get into- I guess it helps if you adjust the ribs first!
The stretch they are doing at the end of the video is called the Drunken Sailor, the idea is to get her to stand with one leg crossed in front of the other to give her a stretch all the way to the wither. Try it on yourself- take your arm and stretch it across your body. It will stretch all the way to your spine.
See how her left hip is a bit lower? When Shayla worked on that Coulee really leaned into her, she was loving it! And she released with licking and chewing and big sighs for about 5 minutes afterward.
The program will be to massage her today and tomorrow see if she wants adjusting in the neck, and for the next few days long trot her in the round pen to keep her loosened up.
There is still a ways to go, but we're on the right track.
Once her teeth are done in a week- I should have a happy horse!
8 comments:
Man, I need to see a chiropractor myself. Been over a decade since I've been adjusted. Problem is, they won't touch my back now because of the disk. Sigh.. miss those days when I came home feeling refreshed, and perfectly aligned.
She is going to be one happy horse when you get her all fixed up.
I need to get a good massage on my horses too, so hard to fins a good person with a decent amount of training nearby though
Bet she's feeling a lot better already!
Cryrstal I'll message you Dustin Hewitt is good.
I love your new header photo!! I'm thinking my Leah may need some work after reading this!
That was very interesting to watch. She seemed to enjoy it too.
Post a Comment