Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Clancy leaves and another contender

I took Clancy out for one last photo shoot before her long trip to her new home.
New home? Did you say new home?

Yes, Miss Clancy, new home. where you can use that powerful hind end chasing cows.

Oh. Well alright then.
I loaded up and left here at 5:40 AM and got to Longview Alberta by 11 AM . Clancy as usual hauled like a dream- this is one well travelled mare; she was born west of Edmonton Alberta, bought by a lady from Cranbrook BC, sold to the lady in Millerville Ab. that I bought her from, then here to Creston BC, then off to Spiritwood Saskatchewan.
The people who picked her up are team penners, so Lisa (cdncowgirl) if you pen in the Saskatchewan penning association shows you might see her in action this summer.  Russel Kahl is her new owner.

I didn't manage to connect with the lady who owns Dot E  as she had a business appointment that she couldn't skip and I think I have talked myself out of pursuing that mare.

I did find another horse that was posted just yesterday - if I had known I would have made the time to drive to Strathmore to go try her out. 
Here is her info:
BL Whiz Kid/Pepinic Candy mare. Trained and competed as a reiner with Jesse Beckley before changing direction and being used in English shows. Won Reserve Hunter under Saddle and Hunt Seat Equitation in Quarter Horse Nationals in the fall of 2014. Shown in local shows by prior owner, jumping to 3'. Willing, forgiving, and loves attention. ~14.3 hh.


Here is a video of her being ridden western I did notice something about her- I'd like to hear feedback from all of you to see if you pick up on the same thing.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Left hind isn't taking as full a stride as right hind, and she seemed unhappy on left lead - I'd suspect something going on in the left hock. Not hugely evident, but there to my eye.

Shirley said...

Yes, I'd say she isn't using her hind end well at all. She has a bit of a long back, and may need some chiro work. Possibly fixable- but if she needs maintenance I won't pursue looking at her. Nice enough mare and a bonus that she has a good show record and that I could put my nieces on her. But really need a sound horse.

Linda said...

Yeah, definitely favors the left. I'd guess hip, but who knows. It could have been a temporary issue. Is that a current video?

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shirley said...

The video was taken in June of last year. I'm waiting to hear back from her owner, don't know if she is still available or not.

Linda said...

She's a pretty thing...id say she's skipping a little on her hind end. She looks a little rough to ride for me but that just might be my age speaking.

aurora said...

Wishing Ms. Clancy safe travels, hope you get occasional updates. I really liked her. The new prospect is a nice mare, with varied accomplishments. Wonder how old she is? Looks hock/stifle sore to me & would require maintenance if you plan on asking much of her.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That horse is just not happy. So Long Clancy! I hope she thrives at her new job:)

T.L. Merrybard said...

It's a shame that she's sore because she looks like a really nice-minded mare. She is still trying hard despite her difficulty.