We are currently going through cycles of freeze/thaw and yesterday was a thaw day. So it was a good opportunity to go muddin' with Mesa .
She is such a cool little horse 😊
I also decided to spend extra time with Rosalee every day, even if it's just bringing her in the barn and grooming her while she inhales nibbles on a flake of alfalfa. Yesterday I trimmed her front feet again- who says feet slow down growing in winter! Seems like it wasn't that long ago that I did her.
Since I don't want Belle to feel left out I will probably have to come up with things to do with her too. There's no reason I can't do in hand obstacle work with her. For those who don't know about her, I consider her to be unsound to ride as she was injured as a weanling, a blow to her shoulder we presume as she couldn't put weight on her right front leg for 2 days; vets couldn't figure out anything and now she wings that leg out and lands the foot from the outside to the inside. Riding would probably stress it out and cause lameness; she isn't lame on it at all normally. But I'm pretty sure she would enjoy getting out and doing new things.
I had a question if I was doing anything for the Super Blue Blood Moon Eclipse."A Blue Moon is when two full moons happen in the same calendar month; lunar eclipses occur when the moon passes into Earth's shadow; and supermoons happen when the moon's perigee — its closest approach to Earth in a single orbit — coincides with a full moon. In this case, the supermoon also happens to be the day of the lunar eclipse." Quote and links from Space.com.
What a rare occurrence! I for sure will try to capture some images of it. We do have clouds in the forecast so I sure hope they don't hide the moon. It is supposed to be around 6:15 a.m. on the 31st.
3 comments:
I didn’t know that about the moon. Never heard of it! I look forward to your photos. We are also in a thaw and freeze cycle. Going through standing water is excellent practice. You keep this up, and Mesa will be a rock star for you!
Beautiful has a paddle motion when she trots, like she goes from out to in, rather than straight up and down. I do worry about her staying sound through training, that’s why I have gone so slow and easy. Time will tell, I guess.
Aww Shirley, Ms. Mesa *sigh*...what a good girl!! She certainly does handle new situations calmly, you can't ask for more then that. So happy you have each other! As for the "way too many descriptors" moon, I am going to try to catch it. Not really my thing. I think I have taken one good moon shot. WI is suppose to have a full lunar eclipse, and I'm working on a good viewing spot. I have to go alone, it's half my battle. Not holding my breath. Looking forward to seeing your pics, you've taken lots of nice moon shots!
Mesa doesn't seem to enjoy the puddles as much as you did, but she is putting forth her very best effort to humor you!
Looking forward to your pics of the super blood blue moon! You always get good ones, hope the stinkin' clouds don't get in the way!
Post a Comment