Sheer ice, and on a slope. This is the foaling pen, which is where they come in to water and also where they come watch me as I get their hay ready.
Ice scares me. I have fallen on it so many times and it is sooooo hard!
I cleaned the bedding out of the stall and spread it but it wasn't enough so I went to the barn for some fresh straw bales.
I kind of had to laugh at Mesa, she was being quite silly and trying to leap around but the footing wasn't conducive to that. She was pretty wet, I guess she didn't stay in out of the rain. I ended up spreading 3 bales of straw for them, hopefully it will be warm enough today that some of it will embed in the ice as right now it is just sitting on top of it.
Hopefully this will help!

4 comments:
Sorry about that ice! But you're a very good horse momma. :)
Oh no, ice is the worst!! Do you have boot cleats, like Yak Tracs? Hope so, falling on the ice is terrible. I am always amazed how well the horses manage on ice, but it's so scary. It takes you down without warning. I am sure your horses appreciate the help with footing.
Hope you get a thaw soon:(
Ugh I too hate ice, it worries me alot. That straw will be nice if it melts even a bit it will stick in and give a lot of grip
Post a Comment